Update on my move with Flatbush Moving (Wheaton Agent)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MichaelSF

Update on my move with Flatbush Moving (Wheaton Agent)

Postby MichaelSF » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:52 am

Greetings!

So wanted to drop in and give an update on my move.

I decided to go with Flatbush Moving Van Co. - they are a Wheaton agent. The original estimate details for a move from Brooklyn, NY to San Francisco can be found here: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

Things have gone very well so far. I actually am no longer moving to San Francisco. About a week before my move (which was yesterday), I got a call regarding another job up in Vermont. It's a great opportunity and one I didn't want to pass up. So this left me, at the very last minute, having to tell Flatbush that I needed to change the move destination. You can imagine how much trouble this potentially could have caused given I was moving at the busiest time of year and I wasn't even going to a place in the same general direction as San Francisco!

The guys at Flatbush, however, were very accomodating and very willing to work with me notwithstanding all the last minute changes. Since the change was last minute, they arranged for a shuttle to pick my stuff up to be put into their warehouse for storage (it was intially going right out on a truck to SF).

A crew of 3 men showed up yesterday right on time. One guy did inventory, another carried stuff down and out to the truck, and the third guy loaded the truck. I was a little worried at first because it was supposed to rain - but thankfully, the sky cleared up and within an hour and a half, all my stuff was loaded onto the truck. The truck, incidentally, was in very good condition - with Wheaton and Flatbush's name prominently displayed on the sides. All three guys were very professional, efficient, and easy to work with.

So all in all, the move out went well.

A few hours later, I recieved a call with my weight. It came in under tthe estimate! Even better, they were able to put it on a truck tomorrow and I can expect delivery tomorrow afternoon.

So far, things have worked out very well for a move that was looking to become very stressful. I'm headed up to Vermont tonight, so I will update everyone again once my stuff arrives.

MichaelSF

Re: Update on my move with Flatbush Moving (Wheaton Agent)

Postby MichaelSF » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:15 pm

Final update.

So turns out, they were able to get my stuff on a truck 2 days after I was moved out. I was moved out Aug. 31. And I was moved into Vermont September 2nd. No damage. Very efficient in unloading and getting things were I wanted them. One of the movers even fixed a bookcase that was already broken when I moved.

In the end, I positive experience.

Diane

Re: Update on my move with Flatbush Moving (Wheaton Agent)

Postby Diane » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:21 pm

That's great to know, Michael. I was a little worried because you said your things had to go into storage briefly, but it sounds as if everything went just fine. This is the first report we've had about Flatbush (Wheaton) in Brooklyn, and it's a good one. I will keep this company in mind for moves in and around NYC, along with other companies that have had good reviews here such as AAAA All Star and Moving Man.

If it's not too much trouble I wonder if you could post or send me a PM with the name of your contact at Flatbush in case I have questions about their service in the future.

Return to “Open Community”