Add Atlanta Peach Movers to black list

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
scruples

Add Atlanta Peach Movers to black list

Postby scruples » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:02 am

Atlanta Peach Movers pulled the same scam most of these other companies did, aminly the hostage scenario. MULTIPLE violations of federal motor carrier law. These were in tandem with moving broker Americas Moving Network (which has changed its name multiple times to avoid prosecution) Beware these 2 copmpanies are also BBB members.

consumer advocate

Re: Add Atlanta Peach Movers to black list

Postby consumer advocate » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:23 am

Scruples,

Thanks for the info on Atlanta Peach Movers. Sorry about your bad experience. Can you give us some details on what happened to you? Your original estimate, what you ended up paying and how long your goods were held hostage? Also, do you have a DOT number for Atlanta Peach? Can you tell us what their DOT violations are? We are cautious about who gets put on the blacklist and this information helps in getting them on the blacklist. America's Moving Network is already there. Also, you should file an official complaint through this website under "How to File Moving Complaints."

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:01 pm

Atlanta Peach is not & has not ever been affiliated with this brokerage.

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 pm

I quickly looked up Atlanta Peach Movers and although Diane says there have been a lot of complaints on the BBB, on paper they look decent. They have 30 trucks and 32 drivers, are insured, and haven't had a problem with insurance cancellation or authority revocation since they first were approved in 2001.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily put them on the top of any list since they are so new and so little information about them is to be found, but they look clean, and if they have complaints and shortcomings, it doesn't appear to be of the scamming variety.

What I think is more likely, is that our friend "scruples" who is posting from Alpharetta, GA, might be a competitor. He didn't leave any details about the move itself, where from or to, or what exactly Atlanta Peach did to scam them. He sited "multiple violations of federal motor carrier law". That's just not how a layperson who just got scammed speaks.

PS: For Consumer Advocate, their USDOT# is: 797586

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:45 pm

It might also be interesting to note that "Guest" replying in this thread only posted in one other thread, also defending Atlanta Peach Mover, here: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 3996#53996

This makes me think that "Guest" is most likely the owner of Atlanta Peach Movers. Whether he came on his own or because a competitor threatened to bash him on this board, I don't know.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:23 am

As a result of positive comments about Atlanta Peach made to me by Archie White and a re-examination of the number of BBB complaints vs. the number of moves Atlanta Peach does each year, I have upgraded the ranking of Atlanta Peach on the Superlist linked to below. As far as I know, there is absolutely no evidence to back up the claims made by "scruples" above.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”