Yellow Brick transport -- Any idea, anyone?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
GlobeTrotter

Yellow Brick transport -- Any idea, anyone?

Postby GlobeTrotter » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi there,
I was browsing for auto moving companies and came across yellow brick transport. They seem to be movers and packers as well. There are very few reviews though.

Does anyone have any personal experience using their services OR even know about them? Any insight is much appreciated.

Jeff.Walker

Re: Yellow Brick transport -- Any idea, anyone?

Postby Jeff.Walker » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Do you have a DOT or MC number? Where are they based? I did a cursory look on "ProtectYourMove.gov" and couldn't find anything listed under their name, which either means they may be part of a van line, perform local moves only or they are not licensed.

You might try the companies listed on the left.

Hope this helps.

GlobeTrotter

Postby GlobeTrotter » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you for looking that up, Jeff. Their website has very minimal info and no physical address listed. The domain seems to be only 100 odd days old although they claim to be in business for about 2 years. But I don't know if I should be reading too much into this.

However, they have been very good communicating by emails so far. Sent me a quote through central dispatch, then responded to my mails describing how the industry works, what is their share of brokerage fees and what they will offer the driver....even telling me if my offer was too low and may not work (i.e. they simply did not accept whatever I offered). But then they want me to pay their brokerage fees even before they have found a carrier which is setting of red flags and I thought of checking here. They have been very nice and responsive over emails though.

A search on freightconnect.com tells me that their MC number is 96*4*296, that their insuring company is Pacific Financial and that they are based off New Jersey and have a DOT number of 2874355....when I asked the agent by email, she said that the number MC number is 96*9*296. Not sure if that was a typo or what.

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:44 pm

I would be reading *precisely* what you're reading into it. There are plenty of good movers out there, no time to waste on someone who may not be legit or honest with you.

That DOT number doesn't come up with anything on ProtectYourMove.gov, , which again, either means they may be part of a van line, perform local moves only or they are not licensed. Given the bogus MC# you just gave me, I'm leaning toward the latter.

If you want to include these guys in your search that's fine, but make sure you get at least three in-home estimates before you make any decisions. In-home estimates protect you from a fraudulent mover by making them do their job and give you an estimate based on their professional opinion, making them responsible for the correct quote. In short, it prevents a fraudster from telling you that "you have more items than you told us" and jacking up the price on you.

Make sure your quotes are in weight! If anyone hands you a quote based on cubic feet, run! Run like hell! One of the consumer protections you are allowed in this industry is to be present at the weighing of the truck, both before and after your items are loaded. Loaded truck minus the empty truck = the tare weight, the actual weight of your belongings. You have the right to be present at the weighing both at the point of origin, and a the point of destination. Take full advantage of your rights as a consumer.

Make sure you get full valuation protection and don't let your salesman talk you out of it. 25% of all loads have some sort of damage at the point of delivery. Provided your mover packs your items and you have full valuation protection, your belongings will be covered for repair or replacement value of your items.

I would also recommend the following articles:

"How to Find a Reputable Moving Company"
"Watch out for Red Flags when Moving"
"I’m Covered for Damage, Right?"
"Why do I need an In-Home Estimate?"

Don't take shortcuts through your move process, or you will regret it. A good move takes time, planning, preparation and good execution, and most of these are in your control.

Good Luck!

cherylp

Postby cherylp » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:41 pm

I recently used the company to ship my vehicle, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else. We're a military family so constantly moving and in need of contacting with brokerages. This is the first company I've found that's completely transparent and honest with the way the process works. I would trust them 100% and will continue doing business with them. Also I looked them up via the DOT website and they're insured! So not sure what this other individual is saying, but you can do a search and see for yourself that it's a legitimate company. Normally wouldn't write a review, but yellow brick gave me the best customer service. Transporting your vehicle can be exasperating when dealing with multiple companies, trust me I've had plenty of experience! I'd stick with yellow brick and save yourself the frustration, good luck!

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Cheryl,
Can you give us some more details on your move? When did the move take place, where to and from? Was there any damage? Did anything go wrong in the move? If so, how did they handle it?

Thanks!

cherylp

Postby cherylp » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:31 am

My most recent dealings with yellow brick were early last month (July). We had to ship our car from New Jersey to Georgia. It was a fairly quick process and there wasn't any damage. When the driver came to pick up the car he did an inspection and we both signed off on an inspection form. Yellow brick informed me to do our own inspection prior to the driver arriving to make sure nothing was missed with respect to damages on the car. When the car arrived in Georgia, the same inspection sheet was reviewed once again by me and everything was in the same condition.

I did have an issue trying to get a hold of the driver, but Mr. Patel at yellow brick helped me out. He was able to contact the driver and provide me with a pretty accurate time frame as to when I could expect delivery. Overall great experience like I said with no glitches!

JAHaddow

Postby JAHaddow » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 am

Their name does not come up on www.safersys.org which all licensed carriers are listed. If they are not listed there they most likely are not a legal company. I checked their website and did not see any DOT numbers as required by Federal Law. All motor carriers are required to place their DOT number in advertisements.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:36 pm

JAHaddow wrote:Their name does not come up on http://www.safersys.org which all licensed carriers are listed. If they are not listed there they most likely are not a legal company. I checked their website and did not see any DOT numbers as required by Federal Law. All motor carriers are required to place their DOT number in advertisements.

Art makes a good point Cheryl, and this is why consumers need to always do their research. Just because you had a good experience with a company doesn't mean that they're legit. And while you had a good experience with them, the next guy might not be so lucky. If they're not licensed, they're probably not insured and if they're not insured and someone gets hurt on your property, guess who's liable? The customer.

I'm glad you had a good experience with them. I would urge them to get licensed and insured ASAP.

Will42

Postby Will42 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Im looking at using this broaker to move my car from alabam to oregon. I want to know if there good to use. I think the problem u are haveing is that this is not a moving company. They are a broakerage, they find trucks to move your car. I found a usdot number and a mc1. If u could let me know if these numbers a legit that would be great.

Usdot 2874355

MC1. 2874355:964296

Yellow brick does have insurance that covers my car if any thing happens to it.

Let me know what u guys think.

Will

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Sat May 27, 2017 9:27 am

Personally, I haven't heard of them, and their DOT and MC numbers don't come up in the FMCSA's database. It's not because they are a broker, as brokers show up in the database as well.

As far as auto moves, brokerages aren't as bad as if you were moving your house hold goods through a brokerage. Most auto movers are brokers that go out and find a hauler to move your car. That being said, there aren't a lot of places to go out and research these companies if they're not listed in the FMCSA database. I also checked the BBB, and found no listing for them, and when I checked their website, there was no address for the company, which to us is a big red flag. It usually means they're working out of their house. They also claim to be household goods movers but don't have their DOT or MC numbers listed on their site. The FMCSA requires that all household goods movers advertisements (including their web page) prominently display their DOT and MC numbers. If they are a broker, they must tell you up front on their web site that they are a broker and must identify themselves over the phone as such.

I would advise caution if you use this company, primarily because we just don't know much about them. JAHaddow, who is a seasoned pro in the moving industry can't find information on them either, so I would be very careful moving forward with them.

Other options I would recommend are the auto movers to the left. To be clear, these are endorse movers and we are getting an advertisement fee. However, we always research these moving companies before agreeing to advertise them here. Optionally, if you're not comfortable with the idea that we're getting paid for recommending these movers, you can try DAS or All American Trucking & Transport with whom we've had previous good experiences.

khivoi

Postby khivoi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 pm

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!
I usually only write good reviews but I have to make an exception with this company so that no one would run into the same problems that I have.

This company did not deliver as promised I spoke with Gino in April and he gave me a quote of shipping my van from Nevada to Florida in the amount of $645. I put down a deposit of $90. The week that I am supposed to ship my van in June, I called and asked him for the name of the shipper company so I can write a cashier check to the shipping company. For 3 consecutive days, he kept promising me not to worry, all is good and he would have the shipping company name soon. A day before the shipping company is supposed to pickup my car on June 30th, without any apology whatsoever, Gino casually told me that the price is now $1100 if I still want to ship it. I was very upset and asked to have my $90 deposit back. ( We ended up riding the van across the country by ourselves). Gino said he will give me back my deposit. Today is July 26th and I still have not seen my deposit back from him. I started to contact him on July 17th, and Gino kept giving me all kinds of excuses day after day, and not letting me know whether he had credited back my credit card or not. The last I heard of him is that he will be taking a summer break so try to contact him in mid August. I am giving up on working with him and just disputing the $90 deposit with Yellow Brick Transport directly with my credit card company.

harlanr

Postby harlanr » Tue May 29, 2018 11:07 am

Has anyone taken the time to read Yellow Brick Transport's reviews on the website Transport Reviews? Go ahead and do so and you will quickly see a pattern of low-ball quoting, bait-and-switch deception, and general incompetency from this boiler room telemarketing scam outfit.

Return to “Open Community”