DO NOT USE ROAD RUNNER or MOVE ON TIME

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
camz

DO NOT USE ROAD RUNNER or MOVE ON TIME

Postby camz » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:48 pm

These companies are one and the same - and both are a joke. I have been waiting since August 10 for my belongings! Last Friday, Road Runner attempted delivery of SOMEONE ELSE'S STUFF! They did not even check the address - just called me and came to my house with this other person's delivery.
Now they want me to change my cashier's check for a money order and that is a huge hassle. I just want my stuff. It has been 24 business days. Argh!

MusicMom

Re: DO NOT USE ROAD RUNNER or MOVE ON TIME

Postby MusicMom » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:31 pm

They want to change the payment method to a money order because they are not traceable like a cashier's check is, and they are certainly not reporting this income to the IRS. You let them know that if they force you to change the check for a M.O., that you will be on the phone to the IRS Fraud Tipline as soon as they leave. They love to hear about these cash-or-MO-only deals, and will go after Roadrunner for an audit.

camz

Postby camz » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:02 pm

Thanks for the tip about M/Os. I am prepared to tell them all about the IRS tip number - which is 800-829-0433.
Also - it does say on my bill of lading that a certified check is acceptable - is there a difference between cashiers check and certified check?

scammed!!!

Postby scammed!!! » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:56 pm

hey thanks a ton for the note. i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one, but also sorry to hear that you got scammed also. my family and i are most concerned at the possibility of them not giving us our stuff, like driving off with it. we got 1 king size bed, 2 twin size beds, 27 big boxes of all our possession. i honestly dont care how much more we have to pay. the thing is, its gunna be in CHECK! no cash! MUHAHAHHA! :twisted: as of today, they are 2 weeks late. we did a cross-country move from California to Georgia. it was suppose to be here by the end of august.. is there anyone that i could call? how would i get a hold of the Road Runner company? i tried calling Move On Time, but they keep putting us on hold and never attending our service. any other tips out there that my family and i should know about? every little help would be GREATLY appreciated. any other helpful tips would be AWESOME! =] and camz, i hope you get your stuff back. lemme if they were missing anything, or if anything was broken, and what i should be expecting, and what i'll have to deal with, and how. thanks. :D

camz

Postby camz » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:01 am

Georgia move:
The dude to contact with Road runner is Joshua Lewis. His number is 6235513248. I am not sure of any other numbers for Move On Time. Their current excuse is the hurricane. They were "not in the office" because of the hurricane. Argh!
Also - go online and file a claim (this website had the link) and then MENTION that to the answering service guy at Move On Time. They called me back within 10 minutes after I told them I made a claim.
Good luck! i know it is horrible.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:56 pm

Don't waste your time with the broker right now, they won't lift a finger for you, even if they cared, which they don't. Concentrate on getting your stuff delivered.

Gerbode_Quint

Re: DO NOT USE ROAD RUNNER

Postby Gerbode_Quint » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:53 am

We have also had a wonderful experiance with Road Runnner...NOT (':!:')

As far as we are concerned they are the worst moving company ever. Not only were we not given a complete contract when we gave them our stuff, but what the hell is the use of a desired drop off date anyway? They told us that august 14th would be fine and they would have no problem getting it to our new place in New York. They picked up our stuff on July 27th. Then when we were waiting for it to come and it didn't, we called the head office and talked to Vince (In cailfornia) he said that on the contract we sign, that we agreed to a 21 day (work day) leniency period. Well we never got such copy of said contract...we only got the first half. How convenient for them. So then after much frustration we began to understand that they had us by the "Balls" (':shock:')
Shocked, we started to receive random phone calls from the driver of the moving truck telling us that he would be here(at our new home) the following day. That went on for a week. Then after that, I decided to call him and let him know that free time doen't grow on trees and he would need to give us a 24 hour notice before he delivers our stuff (which by the way is in the contract...HA!) When I finally got him on the phone he didn't answer with hello..instead I heard a lot of background arguing between him and a customer.

"I did not do that..." -Driver
"Yes you did...I saw you"-customer(yelling)

"You hit our gate with your truck"-Customer(still yelling)

"No I didn't...you can say whatever you want ...I don't care"-Driver

Click...The end.

What a phone call.

After that we finally got him to commit to a time to come. When they got here they were polite, but demanded more money, in fact $75 dollars more because they had to walk more that 70 feet from the truck to the house. We said fine...we just wanted our stuff and after going hrough the hassel of getting them their postal money order...because they accept no other kind (which the IRS is going to hear about) we didn't care. I decide to take a peak in the truck to see all of our stuff that we had missed for so long. When I took a peek I was quite suprised-- in fact I almost cried. Our stuff was all over the place. Just free to roll around as the truck did. The cool thing was that we had them transport a piano (of extreme sentimental value to one of us)...It now has many new creative scratches on it. It was free to roll, fall, tumble, whatever, back and forth in that truck for the month it took them to get it here! That's the worst part-- the piano will never be the same. All in all, our stuff got here. Thats all I can say.

Oh wait there is one more thing.

Road Runner You SUCK. (':D')
I hope you die.

Roadrunner Boston!

Postby Roadrunner Boston! » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:48 pm

PLEASE ADVISE............WE ARE A COMPANY WITH A SIMILAR NAME IN BOSTON.......WHICH HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH ANY VAN LINES OR AFFILIATION WITH THE CA OR TX COMPANIES. WE ARE PROUD TO BE INDEPENDENT and CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED. IN FACT, WE REFER OUR CLIENTS TO MOVINGSCAM.COM.
Thank you.........
Dave

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:15 pm

Okay, what's your DOT number?

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:46 pm

Their DOT number is 508618. Incorporated in 1991. They looked okay to me.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Jhur

Postby Jhur » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:24 pm

Stay away from ROAD RUNNER!!!
We had a horrible experience with them in the Boston area. They billed us from the time they left their wearhouse in the AM even though they stated they would bill us from the time they arrived. I caught 2 of them chatting on the phone in the truck while they were supposed to be moving. They also ended up billing us $150 more than what they quoted.
Terrible.
Stay away. :cry:

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:07 pm

Hmmmm well if Tim says they are ok, I am inclined to believe him, however it would be the first time since I've joined this site (which albeit, wasn't that long ago..) that a post with wonky grammar, poor use of punctuation, and all capital letter would prove not to be a sleazy scammer. Jhur's post above me doesn't make them sound like scammers though, just lazy and a little greedy. So I guess my theory is proven wrong this time. Hah.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:59 am

I think that Tim was responding to the post saying they are a comapny named Roadrunner in Boston that are not affiliated with the one being complained about. Tim posted the DOT number for this one. The bad one used to be Smart movers, or something like that.

And once iagain, I reiterate that any mover doing business with Joshua Lewis and Anthem Claims Management is trouble.

Return to “Report A Scam”