george the mover

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

george the mover

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:19 am

Does anyone have any knowledge about georgethemover.com I found on craigslist for a move from li to nj? Any recommendations for finding labor to unload in Edison, nj?

MusicMom

Re: george the mover

Postby MusicMom » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:02 pm

There is no georgethemover.com. Can you copy and paste that posting here, please? Where are you moving from? IL?

As for labor, you can either call some moving companies in Edison and ask prices for loading help, including what their minimum is, or you can call Labor Ready, they find the movers for you. I think you can do it yourself, though.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:07 pm

Never mind, I see the abbreviated listing on a Google search. It's not georgethemover.com, it's georgethemover@ (email address), for MoveMaster. They say they can only move within 250 miles of NYC, so they only have a local license.

I realized that you meant Long Island, not IL, to NJ. That would be within the 250 mile zone?

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:52 pm

I just want to add that in ranging around Craigslist-Manhattan I came across the ad for this guy who calls himself "George the Mover" (George Marengo) and he has many, many excellent reviews on this website - http://www.citimove.com/src/publicMover ... .php?id=55

Thinking that he might be an option to consider for a small local NYC move I contacted him to ask whether he is licensed. He said no. Of course we know that many small companies providing good service are unlicensed, but I thought I should get this into the record so people would go into it with their eyes open if they use him.

Annoyed

Postby Annoyed » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:13 pm

I have used Goerge the Mover (aka MoveMaster or Move Master). His prices are good, but somehow the price you are quoted is rarely the price you get. If you've seen his posts on other boards, he aggressively responds to anyone who gives him a bad (or even slightly negative) review. My own impression is that he's ok, but not nearly as good as he thinks -- and his ridiculous PR campaign is actually disconcerting -- he refuses to own up to mistakes (or pretends to, but then tries to explain them away). Ultimately, unprofessional. Also, his movers were very rude to my super.

Return to “Open Community”