Victory Van Lines Alexandria

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kgreen

Victory Van Lines Alexandria

Postby kgreen » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:38 pm

Just wanted to thank everyone for help as I made my move from one home in Bethesda to another. I used Victory Van Lines out of Alexandria. It is affiliated with Allied Van Lines. I chose Victory because I appreciated the thoroughness of the moving consultant, Jack Sullivan, and because the company gave me a guaranteed quote that included full replacement insurance. Victory's quote fell in the middle of the multiple quotes I received but it was the only guaranteed quote at $1950 with the insurance. The estimates ranged from a low of $1600 (Beltway movers/4 men/2 trucks/8 hours @$200 an hour) to $2800 (Thomas AAA movers/6 men/2 trucks/6 hours @$285 an hour). I also received quotes from Town and Country and JK Movers if anyone needs comparison information. Both TNC and JK came highly recommended by friends who had used these companies recently.

My move went well. Allied sent 2 trucks and both the drivers seemed very experienced. They packed very efficiently without any problems despite a difficult environment (my interior stairwell is very hard to navigate and I have even more stairs outside). Allied estimated the move at 9 hours including travel. The crew completed the move in 7 1/2 hours.

I hope this information is helpful!

Diane

Re: Victory Van Lines Alexandria

Postby Diane » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:02 pm

It's VERY helpful. MusicMom tries to keep track of movers in your area and I know that she'll be very interested. Also, someone is trying to decide right now whether to use Thomas AAA for a long-distance move from MD - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2899. You might want to jump in and give her your impressions of the person who did your estimate.

Return to “Open Community”