ready to sign in Phx

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Bobbi

ready to sign in Phx

Postby Bobbi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:06 pm

After 4 walk thru estimates with agents from major carriers (Mayflower,Allied, Graebel & Atlas)for our move to Oregon, I have decided to go with Atlas thru Atlantic Relocation Systems in Phx. Their estimate is by weight and they guarantee not to exceed. All 4 estimates were very similar in wt and cost. ($8,000!!!!)
Just want to make sure no problems with this company and something else I need to do. I went thru a moving scam a year ago moving my dtr (she used USA Express -bad news!) so I really appreciate this site and have been reading all I can. Any advice/comments appreciated! Thanks so much.
Bobbi

consumer advocate

Re: ready to sign in Phx

Postby consumer advocate » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:35 pm

Bobbi,

It sounds as if you've done your homework very well. The only advice I can think of for you is that you should make sure that the agent you sign with is actually affiliated with the major company. We've seen cases of scam companies who falsely claim affiliation or who use names that are similar enough to the major company name to confuse people. I believe you can go to the main Atlas website to make sure that Atlantic Relocation Systems is listed with them as an agent.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:11 pm

They are agents.

Atlantic Relocation Systems (Agent# 1038) 7.09 Miles
Address: 835 N. 47th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85043

Phone: (602) 352-6683 Toll-Free: (800) 528-6159 Fax: (602) 352-6688
Call agent for estimate. Visit Web Site

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:42 pm

Atlantic is a very big agent group for Atlas, possibly their largest agent. They used to be with North American Van Lines. I dealt with them directly then, and they were good quality. I haven't had dealings with them in a few years, but they have been in business a long time. Good reputation in the industry.

Return to “Open Community”