King Relocation Services, DAS, United Van Lines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
onlythrugrace1

King Relocation Services, DAS, United Van Lines

Postby onlythrugrace1 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:21 pm

I posted in late September asking for advice after having had bad experiences with movers in the past. My move was from San Pedro, CA to southern Illinois. I just want to let you all know that I had a WONDERFUL move! King Relocation Services from Santa Fe Springs, CA sent a person onsite to do an item inventory and they gave me an estimate and GNTE on the spot. I had already obtained 2 other estimates and they were under both, and very reasonable. They gave me a list of possible costs on the other end of the move (shuttle, delays, etc.) The actual move was done by United Van Lines from Fenton, Missouri. The driver was super and the actual move went very smoothly. It was a difficult move since I was on the second floor of a condo with a steep outside stairway and a very long walk to the parking lot. It took 6 hours to load but the guys never complained once. The driver told me he would be at my destination in a week, and one week later he pulled in to unload. I did have to pay an extra charge for a "shuttle" on the destination end because the semi couldn't pull into my neighborhood street. So they had to rent a smaller truck, unload my stuff on to it, and then came back and unloaded at my house from the second truck. But once again, no complaints, no problem. The total cost of the move was still under the other two estimates. I was so impressed with everyone involved...I guess when you get used to scams and deadbeats you're amazed to find that honest people still do exist and still do their jobs with pride. Thumbs up to King Relocation and United Van Lines out of Fenton, Missouri!!! I shipped my car from Carson, CA to Henderson, Kentucky and then it was driven on a flatbed to my home in southern Illinois.....this was through Dependable Auto Shippers. Once again, excellent service. I chose top-load, valuation, expedite and terminal to door. Cost was $1000 and I had my car 9 days after dropping it off.....in perfect condition. I am very happy with DAS. Thanks to the message board for good advice on how to look for a mover and who to ship my car with. Great advice and you all made my life much easier. This is a great website :D (I edited this because I originally said Allied Van Lines.....thanks to the poster who pointed that out. Moving fatigue :D
Last edited by onlythrugrace1 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

moveman

Re: King Relocation Services, DAS, Allied Van Lines

Postby moveman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:37 am

King is a great agent, but for United. :oops:
Moveman
an honest mover

onlythrugrace1

Re: King Relocation Services, DAS, Allied Van Lines

Postby onlythrugrace1 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:52 am

:o Oh no!! I apologize....I was really tired last night when I wrote the original post and Allied just came out and I never even thought about it. They were one of the other estimates. UNITED VAN LINES was my shipper out of Fenton, Missouri. Thank you for pointing that out!

Re: King Relocation Services, DAS, United Van Lines

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:26 pm

I have an good experience with King's estimator too. Very professional.

BigLeeCalif

Re: King Relocation Services, DAS, United Van Lines

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:26 pm

Which United agent handled your booking?

We would like to have them added to our review of moving companies if we have that information.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”