Fabulous Move- LA to Chicago

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Moving to Chicago

Fabulous Move- LA to Chicago

Postby Moving to Chicago » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:54 pm

I just moved 3,000 lbs and a car from LA to Chicago and my move was absolutely flawless!!

I used United Vanlines (Golden Eagle (origin)/ Andrews Moving & Storage(destination)) to move my household goods and TNT to move my car. Everything arrived ahead of schedule and in perfect condition. Thanks to everyone on this site for their recommendations, and I hope passing this feedback on will be helpful to someone else.

Diane

Re: Fabulous Move- LA to Chicago

Postby Diane » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:06 am

It's great to hear this. I just wondered, for our Auto Transporters thread, could you give a little more detail about how much Tn'T charged you, whether you used a terminal to terminal option, and how long it took for delivery. Were you successful in canceling with DAS?

IMP

Postby IMP » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:32 am

Are you sure that Andrews was your destination agent? Under United's rules (at least when I used to work for an agent of United) the destination agent has to be located in or near the destination location and I wasn't aware that Andrews had an agency in or near Chicago. Just wondering if maybe they weren't the hauling agent.

Moving to Chicago

Postby Moving to Chicago » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:37 pm

Sorry for my delay in response- it's been awhile since I've logged in.

Regarding TNT, I chose the terminal to door option. My car arrived in 9 days. The total cost for this was $805, open transport. This was more expensive than my DAS quote, but the DAS quote didn't include insurance and the TNT one did. I am happy that I went with TNT; I was never in the dark on the wherabouts of my car. TNT delivered on all the promises they made.

As for Andrews Moving & Storage, they were in fact the hauling agent for my household goods. I was told that All Chicagoland might unload me at the destination, but for whatever reason Andrews did this. I give them my highest recommendation- I can't imagine a move going smoother.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Moving to Chicago

Postby Moving to Chicago » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:39 pm

By the way..... I was successful cancelling with DAS (via an email to customer service).

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:59 pm

Great report, and I'll add your comments about Tn'T to our Auto Transporters thread, which has now been made into a sticky at the top of the messageboard.

I just want to say that there has been positive discussion here before of the United agent Golden Eagle Moving Services (located in Upland, CA, with website www.goldeneaglemoving.com). I asked someone who used to post here who worked for Chipman United (Big Lee) about it in a PM and he said that it had an excellent reputation. Unless one of the moving pros here has other information, I think this is a company that we could mention favorably to people moving from Southern California. The only thing I don't like so far is the relentlessly upbeat music on its website. :wink:

Return to “Open Community”