University Van Lines reviews (Rahway, NJ)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Alex nj

University Van Lines reviews (Rahway, NJ)

Postby Alex nj » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:05 pm

Hi just a wanted to ask if any one has used v. santini 800 899 0200. i was going to use Broadway Express but could not get a truck in the time i needed it. when i first spoke with Jessy i was told no problem. then when i called to confirm i was told that he had no trucks and i would have to wait till after the new year. i need to move on DEC 27th. The girl I spoke with at santini seems really nice tomorrow I have someone coming over for an in-house inspection. She told me that they don't do a not to exceed Appraisal should that be something i have to worry about. when i asked her how close is there estimated usually she said not over 10%.

Diane

Re: V. santini?

Postby Diane » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:47 pm

Hi - as I mentioned on the previous thread that you started, I don't think anyone has used V. Santini (Atlas) and come back to report to us. Someone did use U. Santini (American Red Ball) and was pleased. Personally I would hesitate to go with a company that wouldn't give me a GNTE estimate.

Sorry about the lack of availability with BE. I know from talking to one of their drivers that they try to let their drivers be at home with their families for the holidays after being on the road so much, and I suspect that could be the reason.

alex nj

Postby alex nj » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:21 am

Well, I just got an in-house estimate Al seemed very nice I received the Right and Responsibilities hand book and he said that he would give me a GNTE quote which is good. The BBB has no complaints for them in the last 36 months that is very impressive to me. What else should I have asked for? Diane thank you for all your help. I'm loosing my mind with all of this it is so stressful.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:28 am

Hi - when you get the quote, post it and others here will help you interpret it. Also, we normally recommend that people get at least three quotes from different companies, not just one. Out of curiosity, how many pages does the booklet have that V. Santini gave you?

alex nj

Postby alex nj » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:34 am

Its 25 pages.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:37 am

I believe that that's the outdated booklet, but others will comment, I'm sure.

alex nj

Postby alex nj » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:48 am

Yea I know about the 3 estimates I have 2 more co. coming over. one more today and another one next week thank you for the help.

alex nj

Postby alex nj » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:15 am

the dot #'s

ny dot # 3294

us dot # 125550

alex nj

Postby alex nj » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:31 pm

just received another estimate from University Van Lines out of Rahway N. J the estimate with them was 2641.19 5000 lb. and with Santini was 3712.54 5600 lb. just wondering why it could be so different of a price.
Any help would be great.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:07 pm

I don't know, but if it's broken down at all on your paperwork and you can post the line item amounts it may be clear to the experts who post here. Was University Van Lines also a GNTE estimate? Was valuation coverage included in both? People have said that you can get free valuation with Atlas if you have AAA.

University Van Lines has very good reviews on this board whereas no one has used V. Santini and gotten back to us. Did University give you the booklet, and if so, how many pages does it have?

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:20 pm

HI Diane
I received the same booklet as Santini 25 pages. I just tried to do a search on University Van lines with BBB and nothing came up it.
yes it was a GNTE. I'm not sure what the free valuation is. the only other thing that concerns is me is he said he was not sure if it is going to be same driver that picks up and delivers. thank you alex

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:27 pm

Can you advise all the line items and charges on your two estimates? Also the discount level.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:45 pm

[Just a side note to everybody: these two companies gave out the old outdated R&R booklet, and the folder that the president of Flatbush (Wheaton) gave me when I visited their office last month also contained the old booklet. Three companies--three strikeouts.]

Alex, remind me, where are you moving from and to (zip codes)?

Did you intend to take out any valuation coverage for your things to protect you in case of damage or loss? Or are you just going to take a chance that nothing will be damaged?

This thing about University Van Lines not having a BBB listing has come up before. Maybe you could call your sales rep to ask why that is.

I wouldn't be too concerned about your things being transferred directly from a small truck to a larger truck. Where there is risk of damage is where goods are going into and out of a warehouse.

alex nj

Postby alex nj » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:42 pm

HI Diane

Sorry I did not get back to you ASAP just been so crazy with the move.

My zip code's are 07075 from to 33019
one thing has me a little freaked out I just did a search on University van lines on AOL and this is what I found

9. University Van Lines
(732) 494-5564 1098 Randolph Ave Rahway,nj

Category: Moving Companies and Equipment - Movers
10. American Red Ball Corporation
(732) 882-1060 1098 Randolph Ave Rahway,nj

same address and different company names and different phone numbers.I know you said before that they have received great reviews but I can't seem to find them on this site.

I'm totally freaked out right now because of the BBB and the two different names.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:03 pm

Hi Alex,

American Red Ball is a van line (similar but smaller than United, Atlas, etc) so University Van Lines may be an agent for them. I couldn't find an agent locator page on American Red Ball's web site so I can't confirm that though. I did find them listed as another Atlas agent though which is strange, but I don't think is all that uncommon:

http://www.atlasworldgroup.com/find-agent/?alpha=U

I'd be interested if University Van Lines gave you an estimate using American Red Ball's tariff, or Atlas' tariff.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Open Community”