ALERT - avoid 1st Class Moving & Storage (Hanover, MD)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
moveitnow

ALERT - avoid 1st Class Moving & Storage (Hanover, MD)

Postby moveitnow » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:22 pm

Has anyone used this company? For an intrastate move in Maryland. Company is based in Hanover, MD. Good, bad, ugly?

consumer advocate

Re: 1st class moving & storage, hanover, md

Postby consumer advocate » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:10 pm

Do you have a DOT or MC number for this company. I see a number of companies called First Class but none listed with the DOT as being in Hanover, Maryland. Ask them for a DOT number. If they hesitate to give it or claim they don't kwow what it is, drop them. Once you provide a DOT number we can help you assess the company

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:08 pm

Hmm, searching the FMCSA's site for 1st class in Maryland, I found 1st Class Moving & Storage in Jessup, MD (DOT 1095884). They got their license in May of last year.

Their website, www.1-globe.net, shows this address and phone number:
7270-D Park Circle Drive
Hanover, MD 21076
E-mail: usa@1-globe.net
Baltimore/Annapolis: (410) 712-7102
Washington Metro.: (301) 725-8118
Fax: (410) 712-7101
Toll Free: (888) 638-0100

And is registered to BOUSSI, RAEF at the business address, and a Hassan Boussi is listed in one website. There is not a lot of advertising out there. How did you find them?

I think there are several other, better choices with good reviews. If you search for "local moves", DC", you should be able to get some ideas.

stefanos

Postby stefanos » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:41 am

DO NOT USE THIS MOVER.

They used to be Magic Movers of Jessup MD. Proprietor was (and still is under the new "business" name) Hassan Boussi. They have relocated to Hanover to establish a new base for their scams. They were forced by the Attorney General of Maryland to stop offering moving insurance to customers when they had not purchased a policy. Do a web search on this and you will find the document on the Office of the Atty General's website.

My own experience with them occurred in June 2000 in a move from Maryland to California. They delivered my possessions more than 2 weeks late, with no notice that they were going to be late, and would not provide honest information about the status of my possessions. They lied repeatedly about many issues. They shipped my two cars and then, when they too were not delivered, failed to follow up on where they were, and refused to return my calls. It took my auto insurance company, the Howard County police, and a lawyer to get them to act to locate the cars, which were delivered almost 4 weeks late. I also threatened them with action through the Better Business Bureau, and a campaign against them on local media and the web. Eventually they were kicked out of the American Moving and Storage Association, which faulted them on a number of issues.

They broke stuff and then tried to weasel out of paying for damages, even though I had purchased insurance. I managed to level enough credible threats against them that they evetually paid out $1600 in restitution, but the check was delivered on the latest possible day (per our agreement) in May 2001, and only after additional threats of action were levelled against them.

I am certain they would never have done any corrective action or made any restitution unless coerced.

No one should use this mover, regardless of the name he is masquerading under. Ever.

eddie r

Postby eddie r » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:46 pm

MusicMom wrote:Hmm, searching the FMCSA's site for 1st class in Maryland, I found 1st Class Moving & Storage in Jessup, MD (DOT 1095884). They got their license in May of last year.

Their website, www.1-globe.net, shows this address and phone number:
7270-D Park Circle Drive
Hanover, MD 21076
E-mail: usa@1-globe.net
Baltimore/Annapolis: (410) 712-7102
Washington Metro.: (301) 725-8118
Fax: (410) 712-7101
Toll Free: (888) 638-0100

And is registered to BOUSSI, RAEF at the business address, and a Hassan Boussi is listed in one website. There is not a lot of advertising out there. How did you find them?

I think there are several other, better choices with good reviews. If you search for "local moves", DC", you should be able to get some ideas.

They are Big Time scammers and should not be aloowed in the US. Please deport them.

farrah7031

Re: ALERT - avoid 1st Class Moving & Storage (Hanover, MD)

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:13 pm

EddieR, would you care to elaborate on your experience?

Sabres99

Postby Sabres99 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:24 am

I beg to differ.

I recently used 1st Class for a move from Maryland to New York and their service was nothing short of phenomenal. They accomodated our schedule (pack and load on a Friday for Saturday morning delivery), handled our belongings with due care, and were courteous and professional throughout.

Mr. Boussi himself was a true pleasure to work with.

I would recommend 1st Class without hesitation. They are a class act and the previous post could not be further from the truth in this homeowners experience.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:49 am

That's interesting. Did you use this site when you were selecting your mover or were you just now coming here to say how great 1st Class Moving is? Because it would be kind of unusual for someone who is happy with his move to come to a site called movingscam. The 1st Class Moving that is located in Hanover, MD is showing as "inactive" on the DOT website. That's interesting don't you think? :wink:

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:57 am

Is this the company that relocated you to New York? http://tinyurl.com/3r9q8r If so, when did your move occur?

According to FMCSA records, 1st Class International, Inc. d/b/a 1st Class Moving & Storage had their interstate operating authority revoked on March 5, 2008 and may have performed the move illegally. http://tinyurl.com/6kooce

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 am

And they were stopped in Georgia on March 6.

And they're not paying taxes, their incorporation is in jeopardy.

Yeah, this is REALLY who you want to hand your stuff over to.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

Wait, wouldn't loading all day on Friday, driving to NY (Google maps says is a 7 1/2 hour trip to Buffalo), and delivering on Saturday be a serious violation of the hours rules? The crew, and especially the driver, must have been utterly exhausted and jeopardizing the other drivers on the highway.

People wonder how we can tell a fake review. It's because the idiots go too far to try to show how ecstatic they were.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:32 am

They may utilize a slip seat operation, where one driver drives his limit, then another driver slips into the seat, kind of like pony express used to do with tired horses......or, they could be faking the whole thing. To load all day, drive all night and then unload the next day, the least they could do is have Benny as a co-driver.....He's a famous co-driver, used by truckers everywhere, last name, esedrine.

Or perhaps they were using LA turnarounds......thats a little pill you take, which then allows you to drive to LA, turnaround, and drive back, without sleep.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 am

or perhaps the whole thing was made up.

movingman

Postby movingman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:46 am

This is Mr. Boussi mentioned in these postings.

The funniest thing about these postings is that ALL of them, except for one, are from people who have never had a first hand experience with our company. The only person who actually had an experience with us is the person that moved recently from MD to NY because I do remember this move. Apparently, this forum is SUPPOSED to be for negative comments only and not for positive ones unless you pay the advertising fees that they ask for.

I challenge anyone on this forum who actually used our services to post their honest comments and a job reference number as an evidence, no personal information is necessary.

And for the poeple who judged the driving to New York and the hours-on-duty. I suggest you take a DOT course to understand the rules then you can post your comments. There are things called TEAM-DRIVERS & SLEEPER-BERTH. If you need more information on how that works, you can let me know.

And for "Stefanos" I would only ask that you also provide me with a reference number to check our file so people can hear both sides of the story - If you are a real customer that is.

I have never replied to public comments on our company but I felt that this forum is unfair, unrealistic and geared towards negative comments only without any real experience. In fact, it tried to discount THE ONLY person with real first-hand experinece with the subject company.

movingman

Postby movingman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:48 am

Oh, one more thing I should add, this was started by a person who calls him/herself "moveitnow" I wonder what moving company he/she works for? (hint: competitor).

Return to “Open Community”