Superior Moving & Storage Florida

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Lee

Superior Moving & Storage Florida

Postby Lee » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:38 am

Has anyone had any experience with Superior
Moving of Pompano Beach Florida? We will be putting furinture in storage for several months before the final move. What do you think?

MusicMom

Re: Superior Moving & Storage Florida

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:07 pm

Superior Moving of Pompano, FL is Blacklisted at movingadvocateteam.com. To be sure though, do you have any other contact info for them? I can't seem to pinpoint exactly which Superior Moving it is, there's a couple "superior" movers in FL.

Does any of this info look familiar to you?

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:03 pm

The address I have for them is 2055 Blount Rd, Pompano Beach FL 33069. They seem very professional. Came and gave a guaranteed price with every item listed on the sheet. Air conditioned storage is $240 per month with one month free. I need to make a decision soon.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:38 pm

OK, then this would be the same company I linked to above. The FMCSA lists their address as 8070 NW 11TH STREET #H MARGATE FL 33063, and not knowing FL geography, wasn't sure if these were close.

Tentatively, their record looks OK to me. You might want to send an email to the administrator of MovingAdvocateTeam and ask what the complaint was for. I have no way of knowing what it was, and don't see any others on the web.

They are BBB members (which should only be one factor in a decision).

I think this company would be OK to consider, but only if you get threee more estiamtes to compare to, and make sure they are Binding Not To Exceed estiamtes. You say your is a Guaranteed estimate, and I guess I wonder what wording they use to make it "Guaranteed". I did a search here on Superior Moving, and a report by "John" in May of 2003 showed Superior as a pretty low quote out of six total. Generall quotes at the etreme high and lows should be dropped. Just see how they fit in with other companies.

The one thing that makes me nervous is that I can't find a website anywhere. Did you contact them, or did they get in touch with you?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:49 pm

Be sure to ask them if they are screening their drivers for drugs now. They had one guys get arrested for use/possession of both drugs and alcohol while driving a load.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:19 am

Their website is www.asuperiormove.com
I appreciate all your help and advice. I have heard so many horror stories I am terrified of making a deciaion.
Thanks!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:35 pm

Yikes, that is right up there in the "most annoying website music" category!

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:51 pm

So what is the verdict on this company. They are advertising full page spreads in the PARKLANDER magazine which is an upscale local publication. I need a mover soon from FL to GA. I got quotes from other nationals but they seem too high. Does anyone have reputable info on this company?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:44 pm

When comparing quotes, it is always best to drop any that seem unusually lower than the others. Are each of the major's quotes around the same estimate in weight and price?

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:17 pm

Basically I'm not that crazy about the rep of the National ones...it really doesn't seem any of the movers in South Florida have great records. I got quotes from Wheaton and United and they were within 800 of each other. But both have spotty records. I don't want to waste my time with Superior if they are sleezy company and no one has really given the verdict on them. I haven't even called them yet so there isn't a bid to compare.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:39 pm

Where do I go to look up their record. Their MC# 370277 US DOT#837931 Florida Reg #IM492

The United also had an issue with drinking so unless someone can say they their items were held hostage etc. I'd probably get an estimate.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:17 pm

I don't know if they're sleazy but there are a couple of things on their DOT record that would make me keep looking. You can look up their record at www.safersys.org. Put in their DOT number for a "company snapshot." They're showing a driver out of service record of 38.5%. The national average is 6.78%. They're also showing numerous insurance policy cancellations and replacements, which we consider a bad sign.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:20 am

Well the out of service is kind of meaningless because the national I was looking at has a higher one. I guess the insurance cancellation issue is something to consider. I'd like to know exactly what that means.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:06 am

Really??? Who was the national? Are you absolutely sure it is an agent of a major van line? Several scammers have chosen names that sound like majors to intice customers. Can you post the name of the others you are considering? (or you can send them to me in a PM, this is just my curiosity)

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:05 am

It was Suddath United in Pompano Beach which came up on this board recently as having a high out of service

Return to “Open Community”