Beltway movers - positive feedback

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
aaronw

Beltway movers - positive feedback

Postby aaronw » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:58 pm

Just thought I'd drop a note in saying that I used Beltway movers for a local (20708 to 20850) move on January 5. There were no problems encountered. I had a truck and 2 men. I had already moved some boxes by myself, so they were just mainly for the large/heavy items, bed, sofa, desk, etc. The price may have been more than some other companies, but they did a good job, nothing was damaged, and no other 'issues' cropped up.

Jackielf35

I need some ideas please

Postby Jackielf35 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:16 am

aaronw wrote:Just thought I'd drop a note in saying that I used Beltway movers for a local (20708 to 20850) move on January 5. There were no problems encountered. I had a truck and 2 men. I had already moved some boxes by myself, so they were just mainly for the large/heavy items, bed, sofa, desk, etc. The price may have been more than some other companies, but they did a good job, nothing was damaged, and no other 'issues' cropped up.

We live in Ma and moving to Oregon on March 1,2005
Every mover I wanted was on the black list. Mayflower is the only one that was not on there but alot of money. Please help

Michael

Re: Beltway movers - positive feedback

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:40 am

Jackie,

Your moving cross country, so yes it will be expensive. There are some cheaper, trust worthy, alternatives, but give us some more details about your move, like size(how much are you moving, a house or apt?), time constraints, capabilities of yourself.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:32 pm

Hello again, We r moving from a 2 room apt. We will be carring 7,000 lbs. Do you think mayflower will be the best? I tried patiorts, moving cost and they both were on the black list. We need our stuff in Oregon on or by the 1st of March.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:43 pm

Jackie, you sound like you got contacted by movers after you put your move information into a website. Is this right? The two that you listed are well-known scam brokers, not even the moving companies themselves. Glad you were able to see them for who they are.

You are not out of time yet. I suggest you first click on the cool smiley link at the top left of this page. It's got great tips on how to look for a reputable mover. The phone book is a good place to start. Make sure you only get estimates that are based on a person coming to your home and seeing your stuff. It should be a Guaranteed Not To Exceed (or similar terminology) estimate. The estimate should be planned around the first of Feb or so. This gives you two weeks to research and schedule the estiamtes. If a mover refuses to come to your home, or is too busy to do so, then move on to the next name.

You will need to be careful, however, as there is a cluster of scam movers located in the Brighton/Allston.Watertown area. Follow these tips, then post the names of the movers giving you estimates, and we will help you sort them out.

Good luck! It will be expensive, but it does not have to leave you broke and possessionless.

Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:45 pm

Jackie,

I second Music moms suggestions. Also keep in mind a cross country move with 7000 pounds will be about a 7-11 day delivery spread, give or take a day here or there. So be flexible. Make sure you understand what the delivery spread means from your mover. Ask all the companies you have come out. They should all pretty much make the same speech.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Return to “Open Community”