Has anyone heard of eMove.com

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
yman97

Has anyone heard of eMove.com

Postby yman97 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:42 pm

I signed on with a local moving company (Two Men and a Truck) but didn't like their price ($90/hr) so I came across a website called eMove.com. They advertise a number of moving companies with rates, reviews from customer's, etc (similar to eBay in that sense). Anyways, the place I came across is called Helping Hands Moving for $60/hr so I decided to go with them. I can't find them listed on the BBB website or in a local directory. But the way the site is set up seems legit. You give your CC #, they run the authorization through and give you a payment code. Once the job is complete, you give the code to the moving company to allow them to get paid. My question is this, is this site legit? Thanks for the help.

MusicMom

Re: Has anyone heard of eMove.com

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:55 pm

Yes, technically, the site is legit, but the websites that put you up with quotes from oving companies most often result in scammers.

I looked into Helping Hands previosly, in this thread.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 853f8e809f

Helping Hands has a legal name of Sapor Holding Corp, which makes me nervous, as does hiring a mover with "Suite #" in their address. Not to mention movers that only got their license 2 months ago. Their address is in a gated apartment community, not an industrial park. They seem to be geared towards senior citizens as a client base. Could be going right for the easy pickings, who knows.

Oh, and their license got revoked today. They cannot move you anywhere.

http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... name=SAPOR^HOLDING,^INC.&pv_pref_docket=MC495665&pv_usdot_no=1268283&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

Have you actually given payment to anyone? Start working on getting it back. You'll probably need to send a Certified Letter to prove you are cancelling in advance.

DavidLoPresti

Postby DavidLoPresti » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:46 am

Hi, David from eMove again. We have about 20 different companies on our website that use the words "Helping Hands" in the business name, so don't automatically assume that this is the same company MusicMom is referring too. Please remember that the Service Provider is not paid until AFTER the work is done and you have provided them the payment code. If you have any questions, send me a PM and I will address any of your concerns.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:54 pm

OK, David's right. It could be one of a number of movers. I apologize. Do you have any kind of contact info for this specific one, and I'll look them up and see if they are legit?

Return to “Open Community”