Local Movers - Frederick, MD area

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Local Movers - Frederick, MD area

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:41 pm

My husband's company relocated us last year from northern California to Frederick, MD and the moving company was Matthew Moving out of Clarksburg, MD. In other discussions on MovingScam.com on this company, I did not see anything really negative and we had a good experience with them (however, they were under contract to my husband's employer's relocation agent and my husband's employer moves a lot of employees and packs a lot of power, so I would not expect to have a bad experience under these circumstances).

We are getting ready to move again locally from an apartment and storage facility to a new home we had custom built. This move will be on our nickel and will not be under my husband's company's contractual control, so I am doing a considerable amount of research. and the Moving Scam.com site has been a treasure trove of information and places to check.

One moving company that I cannot find much on, but also cannot find anything negative on is "Hamilton Moving in Frederick, MD." Has anyone used this company ? I will call the BBB of Greater Maryland to get more information on them and will delve deeper into the "Safer" site. They have only seem to have 2 power units and two drivers with MCS-150 Mileage of 30,000 (2000) -- they seem very small and maybe okay for a local move, but seem to warrant a lot of checking.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

blue

Re: Local Movers - Frederick, MD area

Postby blue » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:36 pm

the moving company was Matthew Moving out of Clarksburg, MD.

we had a good experience with them (however, they were under contract to my husband's employer's relocation agent and my husband's employer moves a lot of employees and packs a lot of power, so I would not expect to have a bad experience under these circumstances).

Although you're on the hook financially for the next move, if you were satisfied with the service from this company, I would imagine your husbands companys clout will still go a long way toward another satisfactory experience. JMO. Definitely gather competitive bids and compare services and companys.

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:44 pm

I agree with Blue. If they still have your husbands companies contract, and you move with them again, it still carries clout. They still want to give you the best service for that fact. They screw up or pull something, guess who you go to? They know that. But get a quote from them and a few others. And make sure they are in home estimates.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

weem

Postby weem » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:06 am

Matthew moving is a reputable company locally-Allied van lines_agent. They are solid and anything but a scam. Unless an obscure local with solid credentials AND WITH FAR LOWER RATES shows up---why take a chance?

Return to “Open Community”