NEVER USE FLATBUSH MOVING VAN CO. BROOKLYN, NY

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ringlah

NEVER USE FLATBUSH MOVING VAN CO. BROOKLYN, NY

Postby ringlah » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:43 pm

I used this moving company and in my opinion you must never use them. They damaged a number of my items and are now giving me the run around about the insurance coverage i purchased. John, the owner, is not trustworthy in my opinion and does not deserve to be used in my opinion. if you need more detail let me know because i am so furious about this company. I believe they should be added to the black list is possible. I again don't believe you should ever use this company.

Michael

Re: NEVER USE FLATBUSH MOVING VAN CO. BROOKLYN, NY

Postby Michael » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:59 pm

ringlah,

Yes give us more information.

What type of valuation did you have? What are they not doing based on the valuation you purchased?

Please keep in mind, poor service is not a scam. Breaking things is not a scam.

Looking forward to hearing back,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:19 pm

I understand the difference between a scam and lousy service. I am not saying that this company scammed me. What I am saying is that in my opinion they should never be used.
I will support my belief in the very near future , however, I have just had a new child and must attend to her now. Also, Diane and I have spoken on this issue and she knows more of the details.

Michael

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:43 am

Guest,

I did not say you were scammed. But believe it or not people come on here saying they were scammed and we find out it was poor service. Especially those that do not give details. You have to keep in mind many scammers come to this board and say stuff of the top jus tto get a competitors name on the brink. Thus why I specified. And also why I asked for more info.

We look forward to hearing back from you when you have time.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:47 pm

I know a little bit about what happened via a private message I got from "ringlah" that he had damages and an overcharge on his sizeable local move in New York City last October. I believe that the overcharge was fairly small and was corrected. These basic facts were confirmed by the president of Flatbush when I visited the company in November.

I feel terrible about this because no one likes to see a move go badly. In addition, in this case I was the one who drew "ringlah's" attention to several positive reviews of Flatbush and he may have decided to use Flatbush partly because of those reviews. However, I think it's important to keep on making reviews available to people, so that they can weigh the good against the bad and make their own decisions.

Obviously I don't know "ringlah" personally and I don't know the owner of Flatbush very well. It's impossible for me as an outsider to sort out exactly what happened here and how things went sour between them, since both seem to be decent people. All I can do is say that I'm sorry and that this website will continue to publicize all experiences that people have had with various companies. If "ringlah" would like to add to his story by posting again, we would be interested to hear more, as Michael says. In addition, it seems as if "ringlah" is offering to provide more details privately if people want to send him a PM.

Return to “Open Community”