Air 1 Movers???

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Marc

Air 1 Movers???

Postby Marc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi-
Just booked these guys for a move from LA to Chicago.
There price seemed the best, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any 'strings attached'.
They seem great over the phone, and I have all the guarantees in writing- Is there anything I don't know.

Thanks.

twalker
Site Admin

Re: Air 1 Movers???

Postby twalker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:59 pm

Hi Marc,

They appear to be a reincarnation of Right On Time Moving & Storage...

Better Business Bureau wrote:This company's management previously owned and operated another moving company called, Right on Time Moving & Storage, Inc. Right on Time Moving & Storage, Inc., recently filed bankruptcy and the owners of that company purchased the corporation's assets and began doing business at the same location under the name Air 1 Moving. We rate Right on Time Moving & Storage, Inc., as having an unsatisfactory business performance record for failing to respond to complaints and because of concerns relating to the serious nature of complaint allegations. Complaints allege damaged or lost goods, late deliveries, and failure to honor estimates. A separate report is available upon request.

Here is a link to Right On Time's black list report:
http://www.movingscam.com/cgi-bin/BLReport.cgi?ID=113

I'd run like I stole something!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:26 pm

My memory must have skipped... Air 1 is also on the black list:

http://www.movingscam.com/cgi-bin/BLReport.cgi?ID=301

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:11 am

Did you give them a deposit? If not, don't. If yes, then send them a cCertified Letter, return receipt requested, cancelling your move. Immediately start looking for another mover. Look up to the above left and click on the cool smiley link for some great tips on weeding out the bad guys, especially in your neck of the woods.

Keep in mind that a reputable quote will most likely be about two or three times higher that Air 1's sicne they were most likely lowballing you. A good estiamte willbe based on an employee from the company comingg to your hosue and walking room to room with you for a completel inventory. Phone or emailed inventories cannot be trusted. The alst one I looked at had three different slots for a "davenport" and included a "phonograph", but not a "stereo component". :roll:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:35 am

no no no no no, run run run run

They are DEFINITELY a reincarnation of MOVE ON TIME. please don't use them.

"They seem great over the phone"? Did they come to your home and give you an estimate? Have you been to their facility to see the trucks?

lynnt

Postby lynnt » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:07 pm

I don't see a single personal experience comment posted. I recently received a flat fee quote from Air 1 and it was reasonable. All the other quotes were absurd at best! I know what it cost to move out here from MO and to move back was appearing to be cost prohibitive. Finally I had Air 1 come out for a visual. I have been researching this move for two weeks from the bbb site to calling the federal motor carriers. I plan on visiting their office this afternoon and reviewing the actual contract. I am told that if it is binding not to exceed then there is protection. Just get insurance and make sure the contract is thorough. The other good thing is that they will accept a credit card. This is added protection. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:09 pm

What office are you visiting?

lynnt

Postby lynnt » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:34 pm

Going to be isiting the office in North Hollywood. Is there something pertinent I need to know?

Would appreciate it.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:39 pm

I would take a good look at how the trucks look, and if you want your belongings trusted by them.

Talk to the employees and see how comfortable you feel with the whole place.

Who are the other bids you have received?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:42 pm

They have a low rating with the BBB:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13200668

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:52 pm

Air 1 Movers used to be Right On Time:

http://www.movingscam.com/cgi-bin/BLRep ... compid=113

Better Business Bureau wrote:This company's management previously owned and operated another moving company called, Right on Time Moving & Storage, Inc. Right on Time Moving & Storage, Inc., recently filed bankruptcy and the owners of that company purchased the corporation's assets and began doing business at the same location under the name Air 1 Moving. We rate Right on Time Moving & Storage, Inc., as having an unsatisfactory business performance record for failing to respond to complaints and because of concerns relating to the serious nature of complaint allegations. Complaints allege damaged or lost goods, late deliveries, and failure to honor estimates.

Here is the BBB report for Right on Time.

Better Business Bureau wrote:Complaints allege goods were damaged or lost, deliveries were late, and failure to cooperate on claims for damages. Some complainants allege charges exceed the original estimates. The company responded to most complaints by disputing the allegations, attempting to justify overcharge amounts, advising an adjustment had, or would be made, or issuing refunds when they felt it was warranted. Not all of the customers were satisfied with the company's responses. Many other complaints remain unanswered.

I also have complaints filed here and I don't think that the BBB will let them keep that 'C' rating for long. Personally, I wouldn't use them if my life depended on it.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:59 pm

Lynn, their trucks look like garbage. You can see the old name, Right on Time, painted on many of them. This company has no pride in their equipment or work that they perform.

Don't be fooled by one low price. If all other movers aren't in the same range of price, that is a huge red flag. They will lowball you to get your business, put your stuff on the truck, and then hold it hostage for more money.

Listen to Tim's advice! He knows what he is talking about!

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:26 pm

Even if I had neve visited this site (and I'm glad I did!!) I would see something seriously wrong if EVERY company gave me one ballpark estimate, and then another one gave me a completely different, significantly lower one. It would seem, to the logical person, that there is something wrong with the ONE company that claims that they can do it for much lower than every other company out there.

As I always say you get what you pay for! Or, in their case, all you'll get is a bill for more money or you won't get your furniture- as a matter of fact it seems these companies turn out to cost way MORE than a reliable company once they give you their price increase ultmatum. NOT WORTH IT. If something sounds too good to be true- it is.

guest 2

Postby guest 2 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:56 am

I have had experience with them, and I can promise these are some of the cheapest people I have ever dealt with. We had a truck in California and moved 3,000lbs. for $800. The lady called me and was absolutely nasty about collecting $150 she claims I owe her. I do not see how I owe the $150 nor can I believe I agreed to do the move for $800. These people have a major problem with being cheap, and that is probably why they have a history of screwing people. I do not mean to steriotype people, but they are from Israel.

Bvhillgrl

Postby Bvhillgrl » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:49 pm

o.k. I have no idea what you are talking about. I HAVE used this company MORE THAN ONCE. I have done 2 cross country moves with them. I have also done three moves with them in the state of Calfornia. You all need to do somemore research. They wern't right on time. They took over there buildings and there trucks. They are all new people. If you buy a company they also sell you the building and the trucks.
I was given a fair price by them, and I booked with them. They have packed me more than once. All of my movers spoke ENGLISH good luck trying to find that. The people there are great!!!! They are understanding and anwser all of your questions!!!! I would reccommend this company to ANYONE!

Return to “Open Community”