Crews or Sullivan Moving in San Diego

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
boscosmom

Crews or Sullivan Moving in San Diego

Postby boscosmom » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:54 pm

I will be moving to Tucson AZ in March and I'm looking into using Crews Moving Systems or Sullivan Moving & Storage (in San Diego). Has anyone had any experiences with either or these companies? They both have their DOT licenses and insurance, and give binding estimates.
Thank you for your help.

Diane

Re: Crews or Sullivan Moving in San Diego

Postby Diane » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:31 pm

Hi - how did you come up with these companies? The information below is from www.safersys.org.

Crews (MC #285694) doesn't look too good. Its interstate moving authority was revoked for 5 years between 1998 and 2003 and it has multiple insurance policies and cancellations, suggesting possible financial instability.

Sullivan (MC #127405) looks much better, although it has a high vehicle and driver out of service rating. It has been in business since 1991. It is an agent for United Van Lines and I'm sure that others here will have more to say about it because they will be more familiar with it than I am.

Although Sullivan looks OK, I recommend that you get quotes from a couple more companies. Two that have good reviews and comments here are Eckert's in San Marcos (North American Van Lines) and Atlas Transfer and Storage (Allied) with website www.atlasallied.com.

You want a Binding Not to Exceed estimate, not a Binding estimate. The former allows your cost to go down if your weight is less, while the latter does not.

boscosmom

Postby boscosmom » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:59 pm

Hi Diane,
I found them from the phone book. I did check the web site Safersys.org, but I guess I didn't understand what was written there. I did see those comments on Atlas Allied and I'm keeping them in mind too.
Thank you for the info !

boscosmom

Postby boscosmom » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:05 pm

I wound up going with Atlas Allied in Poway because someone else had a good experience with them. And my experience was wonderful, it could not have been better, thanks to this website ! Thank you.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:42 pm

You're very welcome. That's what we like to hear, and we'll keep your good experience with Atlas Allied in mind for the future. Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know the outcome.

Return to “Open Community”