Follow up on move from NJ to AZ

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
move2az2

Follow up on move from NJ to AZ

Postby move2az2 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:25 pm

Last month we moved from NJ to AZ. After going through this site ,I had called three firms- University , Wade Odell Wade and American Movers Inc for Quotes. All three came in promptly, gave quick GNTE s'. The last two gave me an estimate on the basis of 3800 pounds, University estimated at 4500. I chose Wade Odell Wade (Agents for Atlas) because their rep told me he would be able to give me the cell phone no. of the van driver ,which was important to me.
Everything went off great. I have no complaints what-so-ever. I would recommend them to anyone in the area.
Also I used DAS to ship my car. There was a delay. I had given $194 extra for gaureented 12 business day shipping , and the car got to me at the very 12th day , including two weekends and Presidents Day. So I paid a packet to the car rental agency.
Once again , thanks to those who maintain and contribute to this website, I couldnt have done this without your advice.

consumer advocate

Re: Follow up on move from NJ to AZ

Postby consumer advocate » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:55 pm

Glad we were of help and thanks for reporting back. You have helped others by doing so.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:18 pm

Thanks for reporting back. Wade Odell Wade is actually a United agent, not an Atlas agent. It has been discussed here before but you're the first person to choose them and give us a report.

On this thread, someone said that their estimator was Jim Murphy, "who seemed . . . very good at what he does" - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3333.

"kyuss1" chose University Van Lines but posted the following positive comments about Wade Odell Wade at http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3314:
Wade Odell Wade
Sales rep John Dack, VP and owner

John was extremely professional. He used a portable blackberry and printer and gave me a clean, professional estimate on the spot. He also offered a folder with at least 30 interstate references and a rights booklet. He was on-time and courteous. He was also a bit quieter than Bill and asked fewer questions which was not as comforting. I like that these guys were the only BBB members of the 3 companies (with no complaints against them atm). John claimed that WOW did 46% of the interstate moves in Bergen County which was impressive if unverified. These guys have been United agents for at least 7 years and have been in business for almost 30.

Concerns:
*didn't really want to do a GNTE estimate at this point though I didn't press him for one-- we still have a good amount of packing to do.
*didn't ask enough questions for my tastes

"Carefulamy" also spoke well of Wade Odell Wade, and I believe that it is highly regarded by moving professionals in the area and does a large volume of business. In both of these cases, however, the estimator didn't give a GNTE but a Nonbinding estimate, which is less desirable.

I'm writing all this to try to keep the information together and make it easier to find if someone else is considering the company.

I wasn't sure that I followed what you posted about DAS, but I gather that you were pleased with them, which is good.

rmonrose

Postby rmonrose » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:49 pm

Thank you all for your replies. They were very helpful and, as it turns out, very reassuring. Moving is so stressful, as you all know, and your responses helped allay a lot of my anxiety.

Return to “Open Community”