Oz Moving uses Fragile Van Lines to the West coast

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
benav

Oz Moving uses Fragile Van Lines to the West coast

Postby benav » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:05 pm

just got an estimate from Oz moving, they told me upfront that they use Fragile Van LInes when shipping to the west coast, and that they use Fragile solely, they are providing me with a Binding Not-to-Exceed estimate....company rep explained to me that in the past they had trouble with other long distance movers...but now have developed a reliable relationship with Fragile over several years....any thoughts?

consumer advocate

Re: Oz Moving uses Fragile Van Lines to the West coast

Postby consumer advocate » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:07 pm

Fragile Van Lines, DOT#928349, had their DOT operating authority revoked in September, 2004. It does not show on DOT records as having been reinstated. There are numerous other reasons not to use this company but this one alone is enough to eliminate them. They wouldn't even be legal to do your move.

Diane

Re: Oz Moving uses Fragile Van Lines to the West coast

Postby Diane » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:12 pm

CA is correct. I would not advise you to get involved with Fragile Van Lines. On this thread (second post) the customer says that they lost and damaged items and the driver got out of the truck and yelled at him. He had to call the police and he even felt that Fragile should be blacklisted here--it was that bad - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=665

Although one customer on that thread thought Fragile was OK, that's still only a 50-50 chance that you won't have major problems.

With so many reputable movers available, including the freight companies which charge an average of 40% less than full-service movers, I see no need for anyone to get involved with Oz for a long-distance move and its dubious partners like Fragile. Oz should stick to local moves and stop trying to line its pockets with broker's fees.

To repeat: if you use Oz for a cross-country move you are asking for trouble.

Return to “Open Community”