Scammed

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
dcowboy99

Scammed

Postby dcowboy99 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:40 pm

I hired a company by the name of Rapid-Relocations LLC. I should have don more research. However, I received a quote and it was where I needed it to be due to being in the military and we are only aloud so much. The quote was a little over $11,000, to move from NY to TX. The movers came out packed everything up, and then gave me a new bill. Which totaled over $22,000. Part of this bill included $7,600.00 for boxes. They said that the quote only included 100 boxes, and they had to go to home depot to buy more boxes, which was a lie. Then they charged me additional fees for extra gas, long haul..etc. And they are currently holding my furniture until paid in full. Along with these fees, and additional fee of $1600 a month for storage until paid in full. I am at a loss on what to do. Any suggestions from anyone that has had this happen to them would be much appreciated.

Noone

Re: Scammed

Postby Noone » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:05 pm

I would recommend the following:

1. First and foremost, contact Move Rescue immediately. They can help start the process of tracking down your stuff, helping you confront the fraudsters and, if you can find where your stuff is located, MoveRescue can help get a mover to complete your move. That being said, I want to be up front with you and let you know that I have no statistics on the success of MoveRescue, and again am not guaranteeing this will succeed.

2. Read our article “I’ve Been Scammed! What now?” which will give you many options to try to attempt to get your belongings back.
https://www.movingscam.com/articles/ive-scammed-now

3. File a complaint with the FMCSA as soon as possible. Make sure you include details such as conversations (including where you were directed for reviews) and what led you to believe you were working with a reputable company. Include as many details as possible right up to when they left with your belongings.

4. Keep detailed notes going forward, and write up exactly what has happened up to this point. Make sure you log calls, conversations and times and dates they occur. This will help you keep track of things in case you ever need to use them in court. In addition, I’d advise writing down everything that happened up to this point while its fresh in your memory.

Please keep us posted.

chopperchik

Postby chopperchik » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Move rescue is useless! The only advice they gave me was to pay $2000...u want me to pay them to steal everything i own??? I fought on my own from texas, finally got the local police departments in illinois to get involved, and got everything back today! Message me, I will tell u every step I took from august 1st until today!

Noone

Postby Noone » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:33 pm

I'm glad you got your stuff back.

You will see that Jeff posted to your other thread - please send him a PM outlining what you did.

I assume you want to do it privately and he is the big frog here.

The rest of us are volunteers and are just trying to help. If what we suggest didn't work for you, I'm sorry, No bad intentions.

Return to “Report A Scam”