PODS & MOVING STAFFERS

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
maryann

PODS & MOVING STAFFERS

Postby maryann » Thu May 19, 2005 8:06 am

we will be doing a local move in July and are thinking of using PODS and Moving Staffers, as our realtor will pay for the PODS containers for us. In trying to coordinate this move, I am having trouble figuring out who Moving Staffers contracts: anybody, reputable movers, movers from large well-known companies. I cannot get anyone to answer these questions @moving staffers.com. They will only say that their movers will not be responsible for anything!! They don't bring any supplies except a dolly to move the boxes, they don't wrap anything for protection and they will not take on the job of securing furniture, boxes, etc. Does anyone have any advice on this subject?

maryann

MusicMom

Re: PODS & MOVING STAFFERS

Postby MusicMom » Thu May 19, 2005 9:10 am

People have had more success with LaborReady or emove.com for labor than MovingStaffers, which I have been suspicious of from the start, and you yourself seem unhappy with.

If your realtor is willing to pay for the PODS, then I am impressed with their generosity! Most people who have looked into them and reported back have been turned off by the price. Since you will be the first to use them could you please give us a detailed report when your move is done? I'm curious about it.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu May 19, 2005 11:34 am

blue

Postby blue » Thu May 19, 2005 1:08 pm

I am having trouble figuring out who Moving Staffers contracts: anybody, reputable movers, movers from large well-known companies.

Could be all of the above.

They will only say that their movers will not be responsible for anything!!

That is true. Labor hired from a staffing company (generally) will not accept responsibility for any breakage or loss. As a matter of fact, before going this route, you better know who covers any work related injuries.

They don't bring any supplies except a dolly to move the boxes, they don't wrap anything for protection and they will not take on the job of securing furniture, boxes, etc.

Also true. You will be responsible for providing protection for your wood furniture, straps or twine to hold everything in place, and/or (usually) any tools necessary to complete the job.

Guest1

Postby Guest1 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:46 am

I recently used http://www.movinglaborstore.com combined with PODS and worked out great. I choose the provider I wanted. Chris did a great job. :D

I opened a thread a bit ago looking for info on them - Was curious but it went very well. Great communication throughout the whole process

These guys had insurance for our move.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:46 pm

Ive been after Dan Cunningham for over a year now. He is the owner of moving staffers. He is a criminal. The guy hired my company for a few of his moves and never paid us for his work. I've heard of many people who this has happened to across the country. He hides behind PO boxes so it almost in possible to find him. I have also heard of investors who have invested millions of dollars in which he has split with. When he get close to getting caught, he claim he disolved his company. DONT BELIEVE HIM!!! If you have any additional info on this guy, Id be more than happy to hear it. mike@[email address removed by administrator]

IMP

Postby IMP » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:14 pm

Nice try to get people directed to your own site there Mike. Your front page says you provide expertly-trained professionals, yet here you are stating that you are using a casual labor provider? Those two don't jive in this biz! It's one or the other, you can't have it both ways. I give Tim about 5 minutes to get your email off this website.

This industry doesn't have margins of millions of dollars as you would suggest his investors just dropped in his lap - no - you just aren't making much sense to those who know the legit side of this industry.

Informed

Postby Informed » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:24 pm

Daniel Cunningham has not been with Moving Staffers for almost a year now - Where did this guy come from?

looking for dan

Postby looking for dan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:50 am

Mike

Try movinglaborstore.com for Dan..ask for Trish his siter..he is hiding behind her there, also try the new one coming out movinglabor solutions

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:20 am

Guest, who are you?

Geesh

Postby Geesh » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:02 pm

Don't look on here for a while and BAM everyone thinks they know what is going on - Wow everyone would truly be surprised.

Don't get screwed

Postby Don't get screwed » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:22 am

Movingstaffers ruined all of my stuff with their incompetent labor. Dan Cunningham who is "no longer with the company" never returned any calls once he got my money.

It is my understanding that Movinglaborstore.com is his new hiding place.

Guest Mover

Postby Guest Mover » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:02 pm

We are a service provider for MovingStaffers and Moving Labor Store in Arizona. We are independently owned, licensed and insured moving company that offers labor only service. We have completed dozens of moves for these organizations. We're always equipped with everything needed to complete each move, we also provide basic packing supplies (shrinkwrap, tape, single use paper pads, tie-downs, etc), and we take responsibility for everything we do.

Moving Staffers and Moving Labor Store required, and, I assume, verified our licensing and insurance. We were informed that we are responsible for damage or loss resulting from our part of the move.

It is our understanding that Moving Staffers and Moving Labor Store's role is only to connect customers with mover, and their responsibility ends there. We suggest that when contacting these organizations, you ask for confirmation that the movers that are assigned have insurance and do take responsibility for any damage that may be incurred.

Otherwise, try eMove.com. No insurance or licensing confirmation was performed, but all customers have the ability to review each service provider. The reviews are unedited and are a good barometer of the movers ability and track record.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:59 pm

"Geesh", are you all one person? I can see that you are using the same computer as "Jean Kopke", who we know works for MovingLaborStore. But then "Lawrence" complains about MovingStaffers from the same computer, "Guest1" poses as a customer saying he used MovingLaborStore with PODS and had a great move (faked reviews go over so well here!), "Questions" threw out gossip about the old owner of MovingStaffers involved in a lawsuit, "Guest 10" again complained about MovingStaffers involved with Albert Moving & ABF, and "Geesh" and "No Truth In That" are rebutting that Dan Cunningham or his sister Trish are involved with MovingLaborStore. That, combined with the poster who is putting all of the accusations about Dan Cunningham in the first place, makes for some pretty petty reading.

OK, we get it, MovingStaffers and MovingLaborStore are two competing companies. But do not use this website to act like childish squabblers and put gossip, fake reviews, and inuendos about each other's workers to try and discredit them. It does absolutely NOTHING to further your goal of good business. If you have something to say, say it with your own name, make it true, and stick to the business at hand.

And Guest Mover, thank you for the information without the attempt to advertise your own company's name.

Guest Mover

Postby Guest Mover » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:32 am

Ohhh, you mean like BE that's well advertised here?

Return to “Open Community”