Costco now sells a "Moving Kit" 35 boxes etc, $49

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
djlowemo

Costco now sells a "Moving Kit" 35 boxes etc, $49

Postby djlowemo » Tue May 24, 2005 9:08 pm

Just went to Costco today and saw a new product.
It's called the Allied Moving Kit.

Comes with 15 small boxes, 10 medium and 10 large. (sorry don't have the dimensions in front of me, but they are pretty standard).
Also comes with 4lbs packing paper, bubble wrap, foam sleeves, two pens and 3 glass dividers which fit in the small boxes for glasses and cups.

It's a great deal I think, just the boxes alone are worth more than $50. I've been shopping online and can't find a better deal.

Hope this helps people.

Jason

Nancy

Re: Costo now sells a "Moving Kit" 35 boxes etc,

Postby Nancy » Tue May 24, 2005 9:11 pm

Did it come with an Allied Van Lines coupon too?

MusicMom

Re: Costco now sells a "Moving Kit" 35 boxes etc,

Postby MusicMom » Tue May 24, 2005 9:56 pm

That's if you've already paid the $45 yearly membership. But that is a good deal!

Just as a side note from me personally to all the parents out there, if your kid is taking Band lessons, do NOT buy them an instrument from Costco, Sears, Walmart, or other non-music store. Sorry just had to vent against Costco's quality. I really do love the store, though. :wink:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 24, 2005 9:59 pm

I love Costco too, but I don't think this is a great bargain.

They sell a wardrobe kit for $36.99:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... =&cat=&s=1

Our company sells wardrobes for $11 each, so this price is $3.99 higher for the package. And if you had a move with us, you'd get 25% off that $11 price. The other kit seems to break even. So here's my rant, your local movers have boxes at competitive prices!! Check them out before you jump into the Costco package.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue May 24, 2005 10:03 pm

Thanks, Nancy!

ecm

Postby ecm » Tue May 24, 2005 10:12 pm

It might or might not be a good deal but 4lbs of paper?? What are you supposted to do with that? pack one half of one room.

john

Postby john » Wed May 25, 2005 10:49 am

Just wanted to note that the kits online are not the same as the ones at the B&M store.

The one at the store comes with more boxes.

J

donfanone

Postby donfanone » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:36 pm

:( - Was thrilled to see this and went right out and purchased two of these kits...Sorry to say I will be bringing one back!

I love the sizes and all the "extras" - but the boxes are thin and flimsy! I picked up a medium box that I packed with dishes and the side caved in when I moved it to the floor! I can use the boxes I have for big, somewhat light items (maybe comforters, pillows, etc.) but I don't trust them with my china - or much else!

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:47 pm

You can get boxes lots of times free by going on Craigslist and looking at either the free section or the general section.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Ruges

Postby Ruges » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:53 pm

I picked up a medium box that I packed with dishes and the side caved in when I moved it to the floor
Dishes and glasware needs tobe packed into Dishpacks. And using a cell system on stemware or figurines. You start packing these items in 1.5's, 3.0's, 4.5's and you asking for somthing to get broken. They only non moving type box that I would sugest puting these type items in is banna box.
Ruges

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:30 pm

Is Allied Van Lines actually involved in this venture? I seem to rememebr these box kits using the Allied logo, not just the name "Allied"

Return to “Open Community”