Review of Beltway Movers for Local Move in Arlington, Va

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
sararosa

Review of Beltway Movers for Local Move in Arlington, Va

Postby sararosa » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:01 pm

With the help of this forum, I steered clear of the sketchy internet-quote companies and went with Beltway Movers for my one-bedroom move in Arlington. They were listed as one of a few reputable places for local moves in the area and gave me a cheaper quote than JK Moving. I think I read somewhere on here that no one had posted a review of them yet so I thought I would give it a whirl - let me know if I leave out anything important.

It was $110/hour plus a few extras (environmental surcharge, etc). The total came to $526 for about 3.5 hours of work plus travel.

The two men showed up on time at 8 a.m. and everything was loaded in the truck in an hour. I did see a few boxes get accidentally dropped but luckily they did not have fragile things in them. They took about a 30 minute break and then met me over at the new house. The unloading was slower but still pretty efficient. I noticed a few pieces of furniture got slightly banged up when they were brought in. My handpainted table and other wood things were wrapped while in the truck (I think), but they took the padded wraps off before bringing them up to the apartment. Is that standard practice? I wish they had left them on - it would have protected the pieces to be wrapped while coming up the stairs, around corners, etc. The walls were freshly painted so that seemed to come off on the wood. Also, I noticed my mattress had some large wooden splinters stuck in it - from the truck, I guess.

But I suppose a few dings and scratches are just the price you pay for moving. Everything else appears to be in good shape, nothing was broken, and I was happy with the way the men were friendly and moved quickly. Especially after reading some of the horror stories on this website, this was a relief! Thanks for all your help, especially Music Mom.

-Sara

MusicMom

Re: Review of Beltway Movers for Local Move in Arlington, Va

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:28 pm

You're welcome! :D

Thanks for the review! Would you consider being available if anyone had a question for you? Does your profile include the default setting for emailed notification when you get a PM?

Return to “Open Community”