moving miami to dallas

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
miamisunshine

moving miami to dallas

Postby miamisunshine » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:27 pm

I am moving from miami to dallas this summer. Does anyone have any info on the following two companies: Daniel moving systems (agent for atlas van lines) and K & S moving systems (agent for united van lines)? The Atlas people are providing a support coordinator from a Dallas company that won the Milton Hill Quality Award in 2004 and she is coordinating the information/negotiations. My husband's company is paying for the move. This message board has been very helpful. I read diane's eopinion article for NYC movers and I'm wondering if there is a similar article for south florida movers. I had a 3rd quote done by another mover and I'm narrowing it down to these two companies. I'd appreciate any input or suggestions on how to check these movers out and decide between the two.

Nancy

Re: moving miami to dallas

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:44 pm

While I don't know those two agencies, I think you are in good hands. Since your husband's company has a relationship with the Atlas agent in Dallas, you are very unlikely to be scammed. Such contracts and relationships are extremely important to van lines and to individual agents. You have more power with them because they do not want to loose all the potential moves from your husband's employer.

Is the employer requiring three quotes? If not, I'd say you are doing well with the two companies you have.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:58 pm

I agree with Nancy. When an employer is paying for the move, usually the customer has a very good experience. I would choose between the two companies just on the basis of which people you feel more comfortable with. Both United and Atlas Van Lines are highly reputable.

miamisunshine

Postby miamisunshine » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:37 pm

thank you both so much for the input. Yes, the company required 3 quotes and these were the two movers I felt more comfortable with. I'll let you know how it goes. I think we'll probably go with Atlas for the reasons you mentioned.

Return to “Open Community”