Moving Hoboken, NJ to St. Louis

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
bhotchki

Moving Hoboken, NJ to St. Louis

Postby bhotchki » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:10 pm

I am moving with a weight estimate of 5,900 lbs and have gotten estimates from the following van lines:

Bekins (JKVreeland)
Allied (Reliable Van & Storage)
United (Applegate)
Wheaton (All Brunswick)

My quotes were for a full pack with the basic insurance. I am looking at a specific two day window in the second week of July with a shuttle on the hoboken side.

The Allied and United quotes came in about the same around $5,400, while Wheaton was about a $1,000 cheaper. Bekins was in the middle. Note, I used the same shipping inventory for all of the estimates.

Does anyone have explanations about the possible large price difference?

Thanks
B

Diane

Re: Moving Hoboken, NJ to St. Louis

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:22 pm

Are all of the quotes GNTE or at least Binding? All Brunswick won a Wheaton Quality Award in 2004 and it has a good review here, so if its quote was Binding or GNTE and it was $1000 lower, I would tend to favor going with them.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

bhotchki

Postby bhotchki » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:52 am

Good point, none of the estimates were binding. Reliable and Bekins said the estimate would increase by 10% to make it GTNE. Wheaton is coming out next week to give me an estimate for GTNE. Unless they disagree with the weight estimate dramatically I will go with them.

Thanks for the info on the 2004 award. I did not know that.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:17 am

Yes - 5 Wheaton agents in the NY metro area received Wheaton Quality Awards in 2004. They are:

All Brunswick Van Lines, Inc. - Dayton, NJ
Gold Service Movers, Inc. - White Plains
Moving Man, Inc. - Manhattan
Security Transfer & Storage, Inc. - Farmingdale, NJ (near Asbury Park)
Sopko Moving & Storage, Inc. - Manville, NJ

http://www.wheatonworldwide.com/press/Q ... -18-05.pdf

In the prior move done by All Brunswick that was written about here, their quote also came in lower than others, but it was because they had a lower minimum - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1138

Return to “Open Community”