AAA Consumer relocation services

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ewanchapman

AAA Consumer relocation services

Postby ewanchapman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:27 am

As a member of AAA, I am entitled to use their services for 'free'. They seem to be a broker, and they set me up with three moving companies who come to my house to give me an estimate. After i pick the moving company, the moving company gives them some sort of finders fee.

additionally, they help me with any claims I may have, plus advise me both before and after. Plus I also allegedly get a 'discount' by using them.

Can anyone shed some light as to whether it's a good idea to use them or not?

Thanks in advance

whodat1b

Re: AAA Consumer relocation services

Postby whodat1b » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:49 am

Morning ewanchapman,

Follow this link from back in the day on movingscam.

viewtopic.php?t=3238

I hope this helps.
Do Unto Others, As You Would Have Others Do Unto You!

NYCMover

Re: AAA Consumer relocation services

Postby NYCMover » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi ewanchapman,

You should be aware that many movers that participate in these programs actually bump up their prices to compensate for the cost of the "free" insurance or they give less of a discount than they would normally give to customers who were not promised any sort of giveaway.

If the 3 companies recommended to you have good reviews and are all close in cost and promised services, I don't see any big issue with using the one that makes you feel most comfortable.

You might want to come back to this site and let us know (in brief synopses) what they all proposed to you and we can go over it together.

Good luck with your move :)
NYCMover

Return to “Open Community”