Vaughn Pullman Worldwide Van Lines SCAM

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
mariordan90

Vaughn Pullman Worldwide Van Lines SCAM

Postby mariordan90 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm

BUYER BEWARE! This company is a total scam. Originally received a quote from James Portman on May 14th for a move from Colorado to Florida. Their price was competitive so I gave them the approval. First red flag was they asked me to send a picture of a check made out to them (which no business has ever asked me to do) and email it to him. I was assured that they were not a broker and had a fleet of 46 trucks and that my belongings would arrive by the weekend of June 8th. I was quoted $4,500 which turned out to be a total low ball price. They gave me a pick up window of May 28th or 29th. They showed up at 10:00 pm on the May 29th and proceeded to tell me my price was going to be $11,583 after they had loaded most of my stuff in the truck. At that point we were closing on our house the next day and had no option but to agree. I was was assured that a Pullman Worldwide truck with Pullman employees would be doing the move (all BS). They showed up in a Uhaul truck which was not large enough and had to come back the next day with another truck. Fast forward to today July 9th. I have called no less than a dozen times only to be told no driver has been assigned every time. I can't get anyone to call me back and still have no idea when my items will be delivered. Had I read the fine print at midnight when they were done the first day after all of my stuff had been loaded into a Haul truck I would have seen they it states they have 30 business days from the “first available” which was June 5th to deliver my belongings. Even so, not sure what option I would have had. Lessons learned is check, double check, triple check references. Have them come out of give you a quote and guarantee the rate and make sure they are a reputable company. Rent your own truck and hire locals to load and unload.

These are other horror stories I have found regarding these crooks:
https://verifiedmovers.com/long-distanc ... van-lines/

Update 7/23/19: The driver from an independent company who delivered my stuff confirmed that my load had been abandoned and that these moving companies (Vaughn Pullman Worldwide) are a total scam. In addition I was charged for 2,400 cu ft and I only had 1,900 cu ft.. Also by law with a non-binding agreement which I had they are supposed to weigh the load which they did not. I had broken items in almost every box, they obviously threw the boxes in and out of the truck.

Return to “Report A Scam”