nobel van lines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Mogarcia63

nobel van lines

Postby Mogarcia63 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:36 am

Am getting a quote for a local move - anyone heard of them?
Good or bad?

Tyrone

Re: nobel van lines

Postby Tyrone » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:08 pm

rings a bell, but post their DOT # so we can be sure of which company you are talking about...
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

Don't Shoot

Postby Don't Shoot » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:16 pm

Nobel Moving out of Canoga Park, CA?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 pm

Nah, I think it's worse, D.

Nobel Van Lines(DOT1329594) of North Miami Beach, FL. Licensed since March 9 of this year. One truck and driver. :P

Addresses listed with DOT as:
1835 NE MIAMI GARDENS DRIVE #2 (How many scammers live on this street, anyway??)
NORTH MIAMI BEACH, FL 33179
Phone: (305) 932-2070

and FMCSA as:
1678 NE 205 TERRACE
NORTH MIAMI FL 33179
(305) 620-2002
Fax: (305) 652-1338

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:17 pm

If you haven't already, please read the article to the top left with the 8) to learn how to weed out new, dubious movers like this one. There aren't any compalints, but there can't have been much time for a good reputation to build up.

One more address found:
DALEI, YANIV (sole owner, president, and VP)
18601 ATLANTIC BLVD.
SUNNY ISLES BEACH FL 33160

Mogarcia63

Postby Mogarcia63 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:14 pm

They are located at 1678 NE 205 TR. They told me they were member of American Movn Assn. I have thier ICC#? its MC 513792 and IM 1204.
Fla Dept of Agriculture & Cons Svc has no complaints against them but they are pretty new. Looks like the prior owner was someone in Ca and he had a bad report with BBB although I couldn't find Nobel on BBB. They had a name change in April 05 from Thomas Knobel.

They also said they'd been in business 2 years but State of Fl only had an annual report for 2005. Don't know if I'm being paranoid but it just smelled a little fishy. The only officer.director is Yaniv Dalei.

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:22 pm

In GENERAL, using a company that fits the profile of a Nobel Van Lines asking for trouble.

Amazing all of these so called "van lines" that only have 1 van...

always an indicator of rough roads ahead when moving cross country.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:58 pm

Yep, that's the same company. They said they were members of the American Moving & Storage Association? One way to check this is to email info@moving.org and ask if they are indeed members as they claim. If they aren't, then you've just tipped off the AMSA.

joanna22jet@aol.com

Re: nobel van lines-DOT 1329594 ICC MC 513792

Postby joanna22jet@aol.com » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:21 pm

I am in contact with this company to move my graduating son from miami to nj in 3 weeks. Extremely small move, only 6 items.They said they will do an in home estimate in addition to the contract quote they e mailed me. Per my request, they also wrote in the contract it is based on the items listed and and not the cubic feet or weight. But now I will ask them to put in the weight. I was now also going to ask them to put "not to exceed" per all the comments I've been reading. I am obviously new to this whole genre. Any other advice or warnings about this company would be greatly appreciated.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:39 pm

I'm not sure that I see a lot that says that they're a scammer (Joanna was the one that asked for the estimate to be given by number of items), but they are still too new of a company to have earned much of a reputation, good or bad. I've had one complaint against them for some missing items, but not any of the typical scam tactics such as bait & switch pricing or hostage freight.

I would recommend using a company that has been around longer; five years under the same company name minimum, but ten years is better.

If you decide not to take our advice and use them anyway, just make sure that you check off the inventory list yourself before you sign anything at the destination.

If you haven't done so, you should read the article titled "How to Find a Reputable Moving Company". That should get you going in the right direction. Also, Diane has collected quite a list of companies in that area that have had positive reviews here. You may want to check out her post here:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 8910#48910

I hope that helps!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:56 pm

Joanna, I suggest that you call the Florida Movers and Warehousemen's Association in Tallahassee (850-222-6000) to see whether they can give you some input on Nobel. They were helpful to someone else - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7625

joanna22jet@aol.com

Postby joanna22jet@aol.com » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:51 pm

I would like to thank each of you that took a moment to reply to my inquiry about my using nobel for my son's move from fl. to nj. Diane,I will definitely be calling the Florida Movers number you suggested first thing in a.m. to inquire about them and/or get a list of any other recommends they may have for such a small move. If I do go ahead and use them and have a successful move, I will definitely let you know and hopefully help someone else who is a first timer like myself and completely unnerved by all I've read. When they come to give my son an in home quote this saturday, I will remember to ask for all the things recommended in your guidelines to be added to the contract. Your website is amazing. Surprisingly it was recommended to me by a moving company in Florida (Arthur at Legal Transportation Movers).

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Ouch! Legal Transportation is another one of those dubious or scam companies. See this thread (last post) - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6263
All I can tell you is that NO WAY would I use this company. If cost is a concern, use an ABF mobile storage container (see ABF review #23) or Help-U-Move at www.helpumove.com or even a packaging service like Ship Smart, Box Brothers, or Navis Small Moves. Again:- a CONTRACT, even written in blood, is worth NOTHING . . . ZILCH . . . with these companies.

joanna22jet@aol.com

Postby joanna22jet@aol.com » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:42 pm

Thank you for your advice about small moves companies. Being a novice I am not sure where they are located or how to contact....Any direction is appreciated for contacting Ship Smart, Box Brothers or Navis Small Moves...Also never knew about ABF but have now read some of the write ups ....was just worried about where they could leave a 28 foot trailer for an hour while my son and I load his few pieces....You seem very knowledgeable, I am very grateful.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Hi - the beauty of the mobile storage containers is that they are so small that they can be dropped into a parking space. They are not even as wide as a car. Please, look into it, because they are proven to be reliable and they will not raise the price on you. The last three reviews on the ABF review thread describe mobile storage container moves. This would be far more economical and more secure than a move with a packaging company like Ship Smart at www.shipsmart.com or Box Brothers at www.boxbrosinc.com. Those companies SOUND good, but when all is said and done I think most people would do better going with an ABF mobile storage container, both pricewise and in terms of rapid and safe delivery.

Return to “Open Community”