There are two Unitrans Internationals- be aware!!!

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
MusicMom

There are two Unitrans Internationals- be aware!!!

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:24 pm

If you are entertaining offers from Unitrans International, be aware that there is a company that is playing off of, no blatantly stealing, the name of a reputable international shipper.

http://www.unitrans-us.com/
This is the website of the reputable company, Unitrans International Corporation. They have offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. They have been in business since 1977, owned by Eduard Morf.

www.unitransintl.com
This is the site of the already-proven scammer, Unitrans International, Inc. Owned by Naava Hazan. Their address, 3901 South Ocean Dr #2-Y Hollywood, FL 33019, was the last known address (showing the address is a residence, not an office) for a wanted man, too. He could even still be there, since the warrant was issued in December, and Unitrans used that address as far back as June of 2003. Tsk, Tsk, Naava.

There has also been a filing for Unitrans International, LLC, as well as the UI, Inc.

The FL company has a broker's license, not an international shipping license.

Unitrans International Corp in CA has been notified of this thief.
Last edited by MusicMom on Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicMom

Re: There are two Unitrans Internationals- be aware!!!

Postby MusicMom » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:57 pm

And here's one complaint already!
http://members2.boardhost.com/americaso ... /3234.html

Don't use Unitrans International or their broker, Global Ocean Freight - both out of Miami. We had a nightmare experience with them (as have others that I've since heard from) ranging from increased and add on costs, 5 mth delivery time and damaged items (not worth claiming as the deductible was US$500 per item)
Lou

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:16 am

This is Unitrans' response to a request for their license number.
Yes we are licensed with the FMC. Below I have listed our Company Information.Please let me know if you have any further questions.

FMC # 018809
(Corporate Office)
Global Express
38-55 Northern Drive
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
201-458-0090
The address above is a house with an unlisted phone number.

Diaspora

Postby Diaspora » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:40 am

I find two moving companies called Unitrans International Inc.

http://www.unitrans.us/
&
http://www.unitransintl.com/

Are these two the same company?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:26 am

The second one is the one to avoid, from FL.

This first one is new to me, I'm looking into them further. The address they list, 11800 Sunrise Valley Dr. Suite 210 Reston, VA 20191, is the same as the Federation of International Trade Associations. I'm not sure if they allow hosting of their member companies. But just based on the name, I wonder if it is an offshoot of the other Unitrans originally from FL.

The reputable one in CA is Unitrans International Corporation, not Inc.

Are you looking for an international mover? If so, I would suggest looking at one of the movers mentioned in the Sticky at the top of this forum.

Diaspora

Postby Diaspora » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:01 pm

No. I am using the FL one and now have a problem. Unitrans International Inc. (FL) use CCVL LLC as carrier in my case. (Yeah, I know it is on the black list. I wish I know this website much earlier)

The situation is after they picked up my stuffs and shipped away. I thought it is done and deal and waited for my belonging to arrive. A month later, I contacted them to check the precise arriving time. They told me the volume is twice more than original assessment. I need to pay them about $2000 more. Of course, they are lying to get more money. But they got my stuffs. What am I gotta do? Gee... It seems the bill of lading they gave me when they picked up my belongings means Nothing.

I did some search and found this website after that. I still don't know what to do. Even I gave them the money, it's no guarantee my stuffs will arrive safely.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:02 am

So you know for a fact that your load is actually on a ship somewhere headed to your new country? I have to wonder if the entire load is sitting in storage somewhere waiting for you to pay the extra amount due.

HardAtWork may have some questions for you, to see how far your shipment has actually gotten with Unitrans.

Diaspora

Postby Diaspora » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:26 pm

Last time I check, my belongings are still in their storage in L.A..

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:13 pm

MusicMom wrote:And here's one complaint already!
http://members2.boardhost.com/americaso ... /3234.html

Don't use Unitrans International or their broker, Global Ocean Freight - both out of Miami. We had a nightmare experience with them (as have others that I've since heard from) ranging from increased and add on costs, 5 mth delivery time and damaged items (not worth claiming as the deductible was US$500 per item)
Lou

Global Ocean Freight and Global Express is completely two different companies and absolutely not affiliated

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:16 pm

MusicMom wrote:If you are entertaining offers from Unitrans International, be aware that there is a company that is playing off of, no blatantly stealing, the name of a reputable international shipper.

http://www.unitrans-us.com/
This is the website of the reputable company, Unitrans International Corporation. They have offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. They have been in business since 1977, owned by Eduard Morf.

www.unitransintl.com
This is the site of the already-proven scammer, Unitrans International, Inc. Owned by Naava Hazan. Their address, 3901 South Ocean Dr #2-Y Hollywood, FL 33019, was the last known address (showing the address is a residence, not an office) for a wanted man, too. He could even still be there, since the warrant was issued in December, and Unitrans used that address as far back as June of 2003. Tsk, Tsk, Naava.

There has also been a filing for Unitrans International, LLC, as well as the UI, Inc.

The FL company has a broker's license, not an international shipping license.

Unitrans International Corp in CA has been notified of this thief.

MusicMom is out of order to post such a false information. We are contacting FBI to get this issue resolved immediately.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:21 pm

Why don't you provide us with your side of the story?

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:26 pm

twalker wrote:Why don't you provide us with your side of the story?

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Please provide your contact information so that we can get in contact with you.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:29 pm

It's always right here:

http://www.movingscam.com/Comments.shtml

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:40 pm

<snip>

Fake post removed by administrator.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Global Ocean Freight and Global Express is completely two different companies and absolutely not affiliated
Really? Because a customer of yours was told BY YOUR COMPANY that they were sister companies.

MusicMom is out of order to post such a false information.

What about that information is false? Has the felon left the premises?

Return to “International Moves”