Has anyone used Jet Movers, Sunrise, FL or Modern Movers/FL

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Bonnie B

Has anyone used Jet Movers, Sunrise, FL or Modern Movers/FL

Postby Bonnie B » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:40 am

Has anyone had any experience with either of these two companies? I'm moving from MI to FL. I have found out to late about these websites. I did get references from Modern but never given any from Jet. Don't know if they didn't notice or what.

MusicMom

Re: Has anyone used Jet Movers, Sunrise, FL or Modern Movers

Postby MusicMom » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:25 am

I have not heard of Modern Movers in FL, whose license appears to be OK, but I wonder if you are talking about the Modern Moving in Farmington Hills that has a terrible reputation for scamming. To be sure, can you post their phone number/email/website, address, or any other contact info you have for them, and I'll check which one you're dealing with?

Jet Movers is on the Blacklist here for the same thing.

I would suggest finding movers in MI who will come to your house to do a walk-through for an estimate. Do not trust any mover who ask YOU to fill out an inventory, and certainly do not trsut any mover who quotes by cubic feet.

For more information, please read the article to the above left at the 8) .

Good luck!

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:23 am

Thank you MusicMom. the Modern Movers I am using (found this to late) is in Lehigh FL. I cancelled my move with Jet after doing some due diligence through other sources. I am very glad I didn't go ahead with them. I am hoping for the best with Modern. I did get references and checked them out. that made me feel somewhat better.

Maestrowlf

Postby Maestrowlf » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:19 pm

How did you make out with Modern??

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:07 am

This was Bonnie's abbreviated update:
I used Modern Movers this weekend. My husband went to the weighing and they delivered within 2 days to Florida. Nothing was broken or damaged. They were very professional. I would use them again.
Bonnie B

Return to “Open Community”