Review of Wolley Movers (wolleymovers.com) in Chicago

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Teddy_ted

Review of Wolley Movers (wolleymovers.com) in Chicago

Postby Teddy_ted » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:46 pm

I did an in-town Chicago move of less than 2 miles. It was a 2 bedroom apartment to and from. Wolley's movers showed up at 8:55am (9am appt.) and finished 3.5 hours later. 3 guys showed up with a 27-30 foot bright orange moving truck with Wolley on the side.

I had no complaints and my apartment basically filled the truck. They said they could have packed it better because we were adding things as they were loading (clothes in bags mostly). I also forgot about stuff I had in storage in basement. They worked hard with no real breaks other than to catch there breath. One guy carried my 32" inch picture tube tv on his back down 2 flights of stairs.

The total cost for me including materials and wrapping 1-2 couches and a bed came to
$356. Their stated cost was $75/hr and a $74 truck fee. I tipped each guy $20 bucks and the end and was happy to do so as I was impressed by their work ethic, politeness and and the care they used. Only damaged was a glass vase we wrapped poorly in a box and the cardboard back to a storage furniture.

Diane

Re: Review of Wolley Movers (wolleymovers.com) in Chicago

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post this--it is very helpful. Many people ask about reliable local companies in Chicago, and this one is licensed and insured.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:22 am

No problem, this site has been immensely useful to educate me even for a local move.

Jeani

Postby Jeani » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:27 pm

Ted,

Did Wolley give you a contract before you moved? I just scheduled with them for a move in two weeks, and they are saying they do a contract the day of. I feel a little uncomfortable not having any paperwork or anything to guarantee my reservation. Is that how they operated with you also?

Thanks,
Jeani

Return to “Open Community”