sprint van lines out of MD?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

sprint van lines out of MD?

Postby guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:14 pm

i saw the SVL on the black list, but it was for the florida and new york area. its a different US dot and MC dot number.

im just wondering if its reputable.

my other movers quit at the last minute and i need something pronto! and it needs to be stored for some time between pick up and the actual delivery. and i dont have the time to do Broadway express or any other pack and ship place.

help.

MusicMom

Re: sprint van lines out of MD?

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Sprint has not had any complaints, but there are several things about it that make me a little jumpy. I won't go into them here, it's been documented before. There are local movers here that have actually had good reviews. JK Moving has had several good reviews, Beltway, Town & COuntry, and Moyer & Sons, as well as several agents for major van lines. All can handle the move and the storage. Sprint does not have a warehouse (contrary to what they've said), they have a tiny office in an industrial park and would probably just park it in a self-storage somewhere.

Simon-sprint van lines

Postby Simon-sprint van lines » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:23 pm

Hi Again,

Dear guest:

Spirit Van Lines - Dania, FL is not sprint van lines,MD.

Dear MusicMom:

"Sprint does not have a warehouse (contrary to what they've said), they have a tiny office in an industrial park and would probably just park it in a self-storage somewhere."

Sprint van lines located in industrial park and have a warehouse.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:17 pm

I find it disturbing when moving companies appear over-zealous in pursuing a move...I was stupid and put my info on a moving web site, and was contacted by Sprint and others--over and over and over again. Just my opinion...I have absolutely NO info on them that would make me think them irreputable or anything. I'm just going with my gut.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:10 pm

Simon, what's the address of your warehouse? I will happily swing by and check it out. Why is your office not located there? What name does it go by, Self-Storage Plus, Rent-A-Room, Mini-Storage, what?

Simon-sprint van lines

Postby Simon-sprint van lines » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:39 am

MusicMom

The address of our office and the address of our warehouse is the same address.(contrary to what you said).

We are located in: 11738 Parklawn dr, Rockville Md 20852

phone no. (verizon)

301-468-0024
301-468-0047
301-468-0065
301-468-0067

Fax.(verizon)

301-468-0069

I will be very happy if you swing by and check it out.
Please call me if you need help with direction.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:31 pm

I don't need directions, I've already been there.

When I went by this office/warehouse(?), I was struck by how small it was. I bet there are two-bedroom apartments in the area with larger square footage than this place. The office was wide enough for three trucks to park in front, and not much deeper. The whole office park slopes down a hill, each row coming off of one main road, like comb teeth. Each building has a row of offices facing one way, then the second set faces the other way on the lower floor. And believe me, this was HARDLY state of the art! The equipment in the auto repair shop across the way looked cleaner and better. I saw two marked trucks and four rentals, all in sad shape, with about 10 guys hanging around in the parking lot, at 2 pm in the afternoon.

Simon-sprint van lines

Postby Simon-sprint van lines » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Dear MusicMom:

I am not sure on which information you are basing your comments about our Rockville facility, but allow me to say that it is certainly not from visiting the warehouse and the office.

A visit to our warehouse and office will clearly show you that we are operating from a large 1,000 SF office and a completely redesigned 7,000 SF warehouse. Our facility is fully equipped with state of the art technology (computer systems, communication system and other systems to meet our clients needs).

I openly invite you to visit our company, our warehouse and offices to receive first hand and honest impression of our operation.

Sprint Van Lines is constantly upgrading its operation to maintain our leadership in the moving industry.

As you well noted - SPRINT VAN LINES - has NO COMPLAINTS from any customer, and IT IS OUR TOP PRIORITY TO be honest with our customers, open and educate them about their move.

DCtoIA

Postby DCtoIA » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:44 am

I recently used Sprint Van lines for a long distance move. Though I was concerned, I only had 2 weeks notice and was not able to go with a national company and the local companies recommended to me could not so it in the time frame I needed. I will say that theSprint Van Lines were very accommodating before my move, explaining all costs. They were efficient in packing up my belongings and the cost came out very near the estimate. The other side of the move had a few more hiccups. There was only one mover sent for all of my belongings, which, though not very numerous, took a very long time to move with only one person. I actually wound up hauling a few things myself because he had been late and I had to get back to work. There was also a bed frame missing. The person they sent was a nice man who tried to be accomodating and even went out of his way to find a bed frame for me. Though I was not 100% pleased with my delivery I do not believe this company is trying to cheat anyone. I do believe they try to satisfy their customers as best they can. I wanted to leave this post as someone who has actually used them and had a fairly good experience, moving is stressful, it will probably never go completely right, but I would trust Sprint Van Lines again if I had to.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:57 am

Thanks for the update.

To be fair, I have ever said they try to cheat anyone, and even acknowledged that the one complaint on the web appears to be fake.

But based on a pattern of "red flags" that we use to identify scam movers, Sprint has several that make me suspect. If they continue to do good work, then I will gladly print a retraction. I do not mind being proven wrong if it means a greater good for the consumers.

Now, Simon, not to belabor a point, but I cannot possibly see how you can fit a 7,000 SF warehouse at your place. If you office is 1,000 SF, and the two empty offices of the same size next to you are your warehouse, then that's an extra 2,000, not 7,000. Is the warehouse in another building?

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:13 pm

Perhaps this is an instance where a picture would be worth a thousand words...
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:33 pm

I'm not sure exactly which building(s) they are in (my guess is the ones to the left with the white straight truck in front) but I don't see any place for a 7,000 sq/ft warehouse. Do you?

Tim

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:59 pm

I see two buildings with white trucks parked in front of them.. one is due west of the addres label in the photo, and the other is to the northwest.

There are several buildings that appear like they could be 7000 square feet. We're only talking about 70 feet by 100 feet so it really wouldn't have to be that big... any of those square buildings could easily be 83 ft X 83 ft and that would be approximately 7000 square feet right there.

It's hard to tell because the photo does not show a scale legend... although I can see in the photo that the square buildings are around 11 parking spaces wide... and the ADA requirements for standard size parking spaces is that a standard space must be at least 8 feet wide... so those buildings are no less than 88x88=7744 square feet.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:56 pm

The long building at the top left of that picture? They are in the back of it (the side at the top of the picture) all the way at the left side by the trees. I am basing my estimates on his claim that the main office was 1,000 Sq Ft. Since the entire building is broken into 5 (could be 6) equal office spaces, and the two on the other end are occupied by another company, I did the math. But now in comparing them to the square buildings as you say, it could be just the leftover part of their office space. I was not able to take a picture when I stopped by, but nothing about it says "state of the art". I'm not going to go into this anymore, kindof pointless. I just hope they keep serving customers well.

They park their trucks directly in front of the office, so they are just off screen to the left, under the trees. I only see one in the picture.

Tim, I am not able to paste these pictures like you are. Is there something special you need to do this?

Return to “Open Community”