Review of USA Moving & Storage (Chicago)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
silverbell

Review of USA Moving & Storage (Chicago)

Postby silverbell » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:59 pm

I learned so much from this site, that I am gladly giving back a little by submitting my review of USA Moving and Storage.

I chose this company because my company used them to move decades worth of legal files and we were pleased.

The movers who moved my home were also wonderful. We moved a 2br+office from an elevator building to a 3-floor walkup in Chicago on a hot summer day.

The movers showed up on time. The truck looked well cared for. The guys had uniforms. The foreman took a look around and got right to work. They were quiet and careful with our belongings. They were done loading in about an hour!

Once they arrived at the new place, they quickly got to work and hardly stopped to rest. They carried everything up 3 flights of stairs, ignoring the 100 degree temperature. We were done with everything in 3.25 hours!

I would highly recommend them and will definitely use them next time I move.

Diane

Re: Review of USA Moving & Storage (Chicago)

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:45 pm

Hi again - thank you very much for this review. I did a preliminary check of this company (MC #297382) and was favorably impressed.

It has had no BBB complaints over the past three years and it had no complaints in 2003 with the IL Commerce Commission despite the fact that it did 1240 in-state moves during that year. Its listing on www.safersys.org indicates that it has 5 trucks and 6 drivers and that it has been licensed to do interstate moves since 1996 (a good sign) with only a brief license revocation in 2000. It has an award from Angie's List on its website at www.usamovingandstorage.com and the testimonials there sound believable.

This is USA Moving's address and phone number:

7533 N LINCOLN AVE
SKOKIE, IL 60076
847-673-6301

Some things that I find troubling are the coupons on the website, which we've come to regard as a red flag, and the lack of mention of in-home estimates on the website. Also, the website is registered to Gadi Ziffrani at the above address in Skokie. Israeli ownership of a company can be a red flag and many dubious companies are located in Skokie. In addition, there are many insurance cancellations shown on www.safersys.org, which could indicate financial instability.

However, the lack of BBB complaints, the praise from Angie's List, and your personal review, "silverbell," are all points in its favor. I think that this company could be one to get a quote from, at least for a move within IL. I am less confident of its performance on interstate moves, although its website advertises that it makes daily trips to nearby states. All of the testimonials on the website seem to deal with local or within-state moves.

As I often find myself saying about these IL companies, people could contact Ms. Patricia McLaughlin, Executive Director of the Illinois Movers' and Warehousemen's Association, phone 217-585-2470 or 888-791-2516, to ask for information on USA Moving. I understand that she is a very concerned and committed individual who will "tell it like it is" to protect consumers.

Incidentally, in searching for this company on MovingScam.com, I found this thread, which mentions them and has a LOT of other useful information about moving companies in Chicago - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2030

This is another great thread with a lot of discussion of Chicago movers, and it contains a very believable rave review of USA Moving by someone posting as "ChicagoGirl" - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1337

Bottom line:- I think that this company looks good, at least for local moves, and I'm glad to know about it.

Return to “Open Community”