I've signed an agreement with a South Florida mover

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
East Coast Mover

I've signed an agreement with a South Florida mover

Postby East Coast Mover » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:02 pm

After nearly signing with a Movingscam.com "Black List" mover (I found this site just in time), I've finally signed with a moving company to help with my move from South Florida to Massachusetts. I did extra research, read many articles from this site, and read mutliple posting on this forum, all of which helped a lot with my decision.

I've decided to go with Suddath Recolation Systems out of Deerfield Beach, FL (agent for United Van Lines). I've seen positive info on other Suddath agents around the country, but nothing written on this site about this particular South Florida agent. I'm comfortable with my decision and would like to thank everyone for their input and past experiences with other movers that made me ask the right questions.

Diane and Michael - you rock!

My move is scheduled for late August, and I plan to document all aspects of my move and report back here on my progress. There are not many positive responses on this site regarding movers out of South Florida. I'm hoping my move runs smoothly and I'll be able to post how great Suddath was during the process.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Mike

Diane

Re: I've signed an agreement with a South Florida mover

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:46 pm

Hi again, Mike - I think you should be fine. You may have noticed that someone else was considering the same two companies earlier this year and also decided in favor of Suddath, although he never came back to report on the outcome of his move - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4336 I've heard people say, only half jokingly, that "Suddath owns Florida."

East Coast Mover

Postby East Coast Mover » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:15 pm

Diane,

After A-1 came in first for its estimate, I thought it would be tough to beat. But Suddath gave me a Binding/Not to Exceed estimate (A-1 provided a regular binding estimate), which I really liked.

Also, my one major concern is "No hassles on moving day". I felt better overall with Suddath, even though there estimate was a few hundred dollars higher (which could go lower if the estimated weight goes lower). I also visited their new facilities in Deerfield Beach (moved from Pompano Beach) to sign the contract, so its good to know some movers in South Florida are growing and puting down roots.

Both companies were professional and knowledgable, so no knock on A-1, just an overall better feeling with Suddath. Now, they have to deliver (literally!)

Thanks for all your help and I'll update everyone on my progress. Here's hoping for a future good review of Suddath!

MichelleFrida

Postby MichelleFrida » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Hello Mike,

I just found this post of yours and am planning on selecting Suddath in Deerfield also for a move from Ft. Lauderdale to California. Did you have a good experience?
Thanking you in advance,
Michelle

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:02 pm

This is a post from 2005, so I doubt the person will respond. However, you can see here that Suddath has an excellent reputation.

MichelleFrida

Postby MichelleFrida » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I would try just in case he was still around and responded. I am going with Suddath anyway and will post details of why in my original post: Looking for movers from Ft. Lauderdale to California - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17488
So far, out of the 3 I met with Suddath really stood out :-)
Michelle :)

Return to “Open Community”