Starting over more research

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
hinklesm

Starting over more research

Postby hinklesm » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:39 pm

Moving from OH to TX. Household is in storage in OH. I know my weight from move in. Also know dimensions of storage units.

Problem : I am here in TX. How can I locate a local mover in OH except through the internet?

Thank you!!! I was about to sign a contract with Trans American Van Lines till I read on pg 11 of the report scam forum about the FBI raid last year.

Was looking at Sasha Transport and Storage but they have only one truck and one driver listed on safersys.org (should be fishy right?)

I got eight different quotes some from big name companies. But in the end won't they just put me with an agent? Then I check out the agent? Thinking of using United Van Lines through one of 4 agents in Cleveland OH area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Diane

Re: Starting over more research

Postby Diane » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi - yes; the van lines will suggest certain agents, but then you can come here to ask what people know about them, if anything. Right away, I can tell you that there is a company in Cleveland that has been very supportive of this website--not in terms of financial contributions but in terms of allowing its employees to help us out as volunteers. That company is Berman Moving, a United agent at (440) 232-8800; a contact name is Josh. Since United is the highest rated van line on Epinions, Berman might be one company for you to get an estimate and advice from.

Yes, rule out Sasha immediately.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:45 pm

Thank you! They were on my list but I will move them to the top.

JeffL

Postby JeffL » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:23 pm

i moved with sasha transport and the send me 26ft track.
i moved from Chicago,IL to Miami,FL and i visit at the office, i saw 3 trucks loading at the same time that i was there.
the storage was very big and full.
i happy with them and i recommend to one of my friends.
good luck with your move. :P

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:40 pm

JeffL,

A few things don't add... first of all, you moved to Miami but ironically you're posting from Chicago (home of Sasha Transport no less). To be more specific, they're based in Skokie, IL where, as we know, is the hot place to be if you're a scam company in Illinois. The other thing that bothers me is that you said they had three trucks loading at the same time... interesting since the DOT says that they have only one truck and one driver. Along those lines, they've only had their DOT license since 12/1/2004 (less than a year old) but they've already managed to rack up a nice 20% driver Out-Of-Service record.

Who knows... maybe you really did have a great move with Sasha but frankly I think your post is a blatant attempt to advertise which is against this site's rules of conduct and I would urge readers to take your post as such. In addition, consumers moving within Illinois should take note that Sasha Transport does not have an intrastate license (as of this posting) which is required, so they can only perform interstate moves.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

LA GUEST

Postby LA GUEST » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:54 am

NEVER, NEVER HIRE SASHA TRANSPORT. Sasha Transport performed our move FROM CHICAGO TO LA and damages as much our belonings as posible. More over they don't want to take responsability. IF YOU BUYING AN INSURANCE DON'T SIGN BILL OF LADING. They split our stuff when they were loading into two trucks, presented only weight for one but asking to pay for both without proof of weight. They also split our delivery in two trucks as well. Can anybody imagine how it feels not having what you need for a few weeks and sleep on the floor with kids?

Return to “Open Community”