Atlas Van lines! GOOD STUFF!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
protijy

Atlas Van lines! GOOD STUFF!

Postby protijy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:54 pm

Well I just wanted to post up and say Atlas Van Lines did a great job on my 3100 mile move!!!!

Boston-San Diego about as long as they get.... I only had 2100 lbs worth of stuff amd they weren't the cheapest....but all our stuff was in perfect condition, here BEFORE SCHEDUAL (which was great!) only 19 days transit!

cost was ~$3,000 ABF Upack was est ~$1700 but being in boston we would have had to do a live Load! and that would have ended up costing us more + I started work as soon as we got here and if ABF showed up and I was at work my g'friend would have had to unload the turck herself.....

if things were different we could have saved ~$1,000 with ABF U-pack but our georaphical situation and time just didn't workout.

the Shuttle service (smaller truck to bring into city) was run by
http://www.awalecka.com/ A. walecka, very professional great guys knew what they were doing! made our move soooooooo much easier :)


Just wanted to post up after going bookinf 4 different movers before settling on awalecka/Atlas such a headache but it turned out great :)

Diane
Posts: 15824
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:18 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Atlas Van lines! GOOD STUFF!

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:09 pm

protijy wrote:Well I just wanted to post up and say Atlas Van Lines did a great job on my 3100 mile move!!!! . . . all our stuff was in perfect condition, here BEFORE SCHEDUAL (which was great!) only 19 days transit!

I'm glad that you're so pleased. Some people think 19 days is long for a cross-country shipment but you apparently think it's short because it was shorter than what they promised you.

We've heard good comments about A. Walecka before but no one has moved with them and come back to report, so it's really nice to have your review.

protijy

Re: Atlas Van lines! GOOD STUFF!

Postby protijy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:53 pm

Diane wrote:I'm glad that you're so pleased. Some people think 19 days is long for a cross-country shipment but you apparently think it's short because it was shorter than what they promised you.

We've heard good comments about A. Walecka before but no one has moved with them and come back to report, so it's really nice to have your review.



I guess 19 days seems long but due to my Newb'ness of moving and not knowing about all the scams (and living in Boston aka next to Alston and brighton the hot bed for moving scams) at first My local movers were all scamers :(

I called A Walecka ~ 4 days before my move a rep came out and wuoted me and they were there right on time and very professional and the logistics of setting up my move in 4 days to go 3200 miles couldn't have been that easy.

I just wanted to give them a big :thumbsup:

Ruges
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:41 pm

Re: Atlas Van lines! GOOD STUFF!

Postby Ruges » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:32 pm

19 days is not bad if they tell you it is going to take that long. But when they tell you 12 days, and 19 days later they still say they are looking for a truck.

Did the $3,000 include the shuttle?
Ruges

protijy

Re: Atlas Van lines! GOOD STUFF!

Postby protijy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:22 pm

Ruges wrote:19 days is not bad if they tell you it is going to take that long. But when they tell you 12 days, and 19 days later they still say they are looking for a truck. Did the $3,000 include the shuttle?


yes all fees including teh shuttle since the big truck didn't fit in front of my apt in boston


Return to “Open Community”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests