MA to WA w/ storage - Mullen Mayflower?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Fresh Out of College

MA to WA w/ storage - Mullen Mayflower?

Postby Fresh Out of College » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:32 am

I'm eventually moving out to WA state, but being bounced around to FL and VA for 4 months before I get out there. :roll: I have received several quotes from agents of the larger carriers (Atlas, Allied, United, & Mayflower). The best date available (I have to leave ASAP) quote is through Mullen (Mayflower affiliate) for storage and shipping.

Has anyone had experience with Mullen Moving and Storage Co., Inc. http://www.mullenco.com ? I have seen a post around that states at first glance they look OK, but was hoping for a first hand account.

Thanks for any help!

Diane

Re: MA to WA w/ storage - Mullen Mayflower?

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:35 am

Hi - no one has moved with them and reported back to us. I'll query a friend who works for Mayflower to see if he can check how it looks on paper, at least.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:49 pm

Hi - unfortunately, the report I got back on Mullen was not good. I suggest that you look further. What are your alternatives?

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:33 am

I found out my girlfriend has an uncle who drives for Mayflower in my area and talked to him. Based on that, and before I read your reply I put money down for 1st month of storage and transport to warehouse w/ an undetermined move loaction later.

Anything specific said that I should be aware of since I'm locked into the storage portion? (not because I couldn't get a refund with a cancellation fee, but I need the earliest load date - bosses orders - so I can ship out to my FL work site)

Again, thanks for the help! Hoping I didn't screw things up now :(

Fresh Out of College

Postby Fresh Out of College » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:37 am

Forgot to log in for that last post :oops:

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:06 am

Agents have internal quality ratings that I don't think are normally shared with the general public. I was told by a reliable source that Mullen's scores having to do with customer satisfaction are poor, which I would say is kind of unusual because most agents are above average in that respect. However, you could be one of the lucky ones, and maybe your girlfriend's uncle can influence the outcome somehow.

Return to “Open Community”