BOSTON QUALITY MOVERS is BAD, BAD, BAD

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
tovisp

BOSTON QUALITY MOVERS is BAD, BAD, BAD

Postby tovisp » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:34 pm

I'm in the middle of a move from Medford, MA to San Francisco, CA. Boston Quality Movers (BQM Inc) has had my stuff for nearly 6 weeks now, and I am losing time and money and patience with each passing day. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks and packed accordingly, and we have been getting the run-around for weeks. We have NEVER had our phone calls returned--the only time we have spoken to an actual person is when someone happens to pick up the phone when we call. The customer service is unbelievably bad. No one seems to care a bit that my life is seriously compromised right now because of their unreliability. We have received conflicting stories about where my stuff is, what's going wrong, and when it will arrive. Estimated delivery dates have come and gone, without so much as a phone call notifying us that they can't make the dates. We've been told "next week" or "by the end of this week" several times, but the weeks pass with no phone calls or deliveries. We have had to cancel a vacation, purchase replacement items, spend hours on the phone and on-line trying to get information and strategizing. Not to mention lost work time because of work-related materials in my boxes. I'm going to do all I can to publicize this bad experience. In the meantime, any suggestions about how to proceed now--how to find out about my stuff, pressure them to deliver it, ensure that they don't further screw me over, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

MusicMom

Re: BOSTON QUALITY MOVERS is BAD, BAD, BAD

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:20 pm

Well, you're not going to like this...

They have no interstate license or insurance. They applied for a license (DOT#1127986) on June 30 of this year, but have no insurance, so it wasn't granted. Your entire move is illegal. They list a MA license of MDPU-30997, you can check on that.

You can go ahead and file a complaint with the DOT (888-DOT-SAFT) and see if that gets them anywhere. Probably, they have your load in storage, collecting other like loads until they have enough to make such a long-distance trip profitable. Your things WILL arrive, but no guarantees on a timeline or even in what condition. I'm sorry to tell you this.

In the meantime, have they demanded any extra money from you before delivery, or are they just ignoring you? If they are not answering the phone, they are probably screening through Caller ID. In this case, find anotehr phone and call them repeatedly. Do not tell them you are a current customer waiting for a load, jsut say you have a question about your upcoming move, maybe even ask to speak to a supervisor. When they've turned all nice, thinking you're a prospective customer, THEN ask them when your load will be delivered. Send them faxes asking when your load wil be delivered (one angry customer sent her company faxes in all black background with white letters, using up their expensive ink tonor :twisted: ). Send them emails. Send a letter via Certified Mail demanding delivery. Bug the HECK out of them until they just want to get you out of your hair. No guarantees that this will work, but they will at least be as annoyed as you are! Document each and every contact: date and time, name of the person you spoke with, and what was said by both parties. Turn this in with your final complaint to the DOT.

You may already know this by now, but their BBB memebership was revoked late last year for failure to address complaints. They now have an unsatisfactory rating due to a long pattern of complaints.

I would suggest calling the Attorney General of Massachusetts and filing a complaint.

Here's all the phone numbers and addreses I could find, just in case you haven't tried some of these.

Principal: Eli Aboudarm, President
(I've seen several references to Eliran Derei, also, including the email below found through the DOT)
10 Penniman Road Allston, MA 02134 (DOT listing)
76 Rosedale Road Watertown MA, 02472 (vanlines.com)((617) 924-9144 is registered there)
29 Perthshire Road Brighton, MA 02135-1724 (allpages.com)
221 Washington St Newton, MA 02458 ((617) 527-9139 is registered there) *Eli's House*
33 Highgate St Allston, MA 02134 ((617) 787-9129 is registered there)
14 Mason Rd Newton, MA 02459 ((617) 527-2447 is registered there)
I'm not 100% sure these last two addresses are really theirs, though, based on phone records.

Phone numbers:
617-787-9139
617-787-9138
(617) 527-9139
866-845-4276
617-924-9138
617-924-9144
617) 783-9139

Fax Numbers:
617-787-9129
617-324-9138
(617) 527-2447

info@bqmovers.com
ELIRAN_DEREI_25@HOTMAIL.COM

And this quote praising the services of Yellow Book:
We booked 15 jobs for the month of February, the slowest month of our
season!" - Eliran Derei, Boston Quality Movers.

I wonder if he's related to Erik Deri, whose brother Yuval kept the original spelling of Derei?
Last edited by MusicMom on Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:26 pm

OK, I would have just written off the concidence of the 10 Penniman Lane address being shared with Michael's Moving & Storage, but in furhter checking on the addresses, the Rosedale Road one is, too. So I guess it would be sagfe to assume that the two companies are related in some way.

I would suggest directing further correspondance to the following address:

*Home of Eli Derei*
221 Washington St
Newton, MA 02458
(617) 527-9139

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:17 pm

Interesting that the Washington St. address in Newton is right in the middle of the Allston /Brighton /Watertown scammer's triangle.

Geographically it's all pretty much the same general area... 221 Washington St. is less than a mile from main drag of Watertown.

Also interesting that this one company lists offices in ALL THREE of the "deadly triangle" neighborhoods. Yikes!
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

tovisp

Postby tovisp » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:20 pm

Hey,

Thanks so much for the prompt and helpful information. What a great site. I wish we had found it BEFORE we hired BQM! Since I wrote my original message earlier today, we got a call from the driver saying that my stuff would arrive tomorrow (yay!), HOWEVER he will not acknowledge the discount promised to us by the president of BQM (Eli), which we have as a fax (boo!). Any advice for how to deal with this tomorrow, if/when the driver shows up and tries to make us pay the full amount?

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:21 am

Be prepared for them to show up several hours later than promised. Scammers typically prefer to arrive well after the close of the business day so that you will not be able to reach any agencies that might be able to help you.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:51 am

You may want to have the full amount ready in cash, since that is what they will demand, and in that payment method. You can try to offer the full amount demanded minus the discount promised. Be persistent, but no promises on whether or not that'll work.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:30 pm

apparently this company is still at it. i wish i had found this site before today. Boston qaulity has had my thing for over 1 month and are not delivering my goods until i pay an additional 1725.00. What can i do???

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:39 pm

The company has acquired a new DOT number since the above posts and also a new MC number (#536295). All records of prior denials of licensing have apparently been erased, and it also has a new legal name (Vainstein Movers LLC) - but is still listed at the 10 Penniman Road, Allston address. I'll add a warning about it in my Superlist linked to below.

Guest, really you can't do much of anything. You will probably have to pay the extra amount they are asking for because we have no effective laws to protect us in this country.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 am

Guest, you can contact Move Rescue at www.moverescue.com . They might be able to help!

Return to “Report A Scam”