Great move!--Beltway Movers, DC metro

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Great move!--Beltway Movers, DC metro

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:10 pm

Hi! I consulted these pages before hiring a mover, and my move this past Saturday was a success! I used Beltway movers for my local move, and they were fantastic. I never used a mover before, so I have nothing to compare them to, but I was satisfied. It was the easiest move I ever made. The move day was less stressful than the preparations beforehand.

My only complaints were that they ended up sending 3 men when they were supposed to send 2 and did not have me sign anything before they took my stuff. Everything worked out well and my overall move cost was reasonable, so I did not mind having the third guy. The movers worked efficiently and there was very little damage to my stuff (one little nick on a pine piece of furniture I have...I made more damage myself on things I moved myself!) The movers showed up on time--a few minutes early even, and even in the almost 100 degree temperatures, made the move quickly.

Wanted to help anyone else out there trying to decide. I had gotten referred to them by a friend who had used them twice before and said she'd use them again too.

Diane

Re: Great move!--Beltway Movers, DC metro

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:21 pm

Thanks for the good report. A van line driver that I know wrote this to me about Beltway recently:
Trucker wrote:Beltway also pays their employees an above average wage. They offer 401k with matching funds, health insurance, personal days, paid vacation etc etc. Needless to say, they have very happy employees, which of course translates into a happy consumer.

MusicMom

Re: Great move!--Beltway Movers, DC metro

Postby MusicMom » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:29 pm

Thanks! I'll refer others in the local area to this post.

Return to “Open Community”