Town & Country Movers - Local Move (MD)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Topaz

Town & Country Movers - Local Move (MD)

Postby Topaz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:41 am

I recently did a local move within Rockville, MD (7 mile move). I used this board extensively in my search and, as a result, obtained estimates from 3 movers: Beltway, J&K and Town & Country. What was interesting is how incredibly out of whack with the other two Beltway was. They estimated I needed 2 trucks with 6 guys for 10 hours. The other two both had 2 trucks, 4 guys for 8 hours. The reason this was so incredible is that Beltway has this computer program that itemizes everything and calculates it out. I would have thought this to be the most accurate. It wasn't.

In the end we went with Town & Country. Both T&C and J&K came in very close in price and time, but T&C had been used by a number of people I knew and they had good experiences. In addition, Beltway was about twice the price.

I had an incredible experience with T&C. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Their workers were careful, polite, respectful, on-time, and FAST. They finished 2 hours early, resulting in a significant drop in what I owed them from their estimate. They refused to let me buy them lunch, working straight through. And, only one item suffered minor damage, which they agreed to pay for immediately and without hassle.

I would highly recommend that anyone contemplating a local move within Maryland consider Town & Country Movers.

MusicMom

Re: Town & Country Movers - Local Move (MD)

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:56 am

Thank you for the update! Glad you had a good move.

Return to “Open Community”