Bekins of South Florida

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
bpantz@aol.com

Bekins of South Florida

Postby bpantz@aol.com » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:05 am

Just a note to let you know that we used Bekins of South Florida in Pompano and had a very successful move. Although it was a short trip (Ft. Lauderdale to Sarasota), we had a lot of stuff to move. The movers arrived July 13 to pack the truck. The 8 guys they sent to load the truck arrive exactly on time. We had a 3000 sq. ft. house on two floors with a lot of big furniture and about 250 large boxes and a full garage.

It took them 2 1/2 hours to pack the truck. They were fast, but very careful, and there was not one instance when I thought things were being handled inappropriately. They kept our stuff for 48 hrs (no charge) and arrived in Sarasota at the pre arranged time. Four guys came with our stuff. It took them 4 hours to unload our things. Some of it went to our temporary 2nd floor apartment, and some went to a separate storage facility down the road. They charged us about $100 for the second stop.

The unpacking went as well as it did the day they came to pack, with no damage, and no time when I thought things weren't going well. We had lunch delivered for the guys.

Initially, I was nervous about the whole ordeal. I interviewed 5 movers, and Bekins was the cheapest, by more than $1000. Naturally there was no way of knowing if we had made the right decision. The estimator I dealt with was Bob Jones. My only criticism, if you can even call it that, is that this company is basically a 'no frills' business. Unlike the other big companies, Bob didnt arrive with the laptop and printer, or the 2 inch thick binder with all of the services they could provide, briefcase, free keyrings or squeezeballs. There was no sales 'spiel' either. He walked around, counted our stuff, and gave us a hand written estimate on one of their 3-part forms. He said that someone from the office would be contacting us the day before the move, and that the driver would have most of the answers to our questions. Very basic. and at a guaranteed price of about $2500, it was more than 25% cheaper than Graebel, Atlas, Mayflower, and Allied.

What more can I say?
bpantz@aol.com

Diane

Re: Bekins of South Florida

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:08 am

Good - we will keep your review in mind for intra-Florida moves. So we can be sure which company you are talking about, is this its contact information? I don't find a company with that name in Pompano.

Bekins of South Florida
5300 N Powerline Rd, #100
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309
Phone: (561) 994-8888

The BBB lists a company at this address as Bekins Moving & Storage Co., gives a different phone number for it (954-776-2226), and names the president (Brian Shaugnessy) and Sandy Perrotta as principals.

Return to “Open Community”