ALERT - avoid Millennium Moving in CA (MC #412746)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
onichan

ALERT - avoid Millennium Moving in CA (MC #412746)

Postby onichan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:07 pm

Has anyone used Millenim moving and storage before? It's my first time moving and I don't want ANY problems. I'd hate to be overcharged. They're charging 105 per hr for 3 movers for a 3 bedroom move. It's a local move less than 2 minutes away but have I so much big furniture. Please let me know if they're are other movers that you would recommend in Long Beach.

MusicMom

Re: Has Anyone Used Millenium Moving in CA?

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:38 am

I can't think of any specific names to steer you towards, but I can tell you to NOT use Millenium Moving. First of all, they've had two license numbers, one's permanently revoked, and the other's already had two revocations. The owner, Eli Cohen, is a known name involving scammers in CA. This is a direct quote from their website (even though I know you are not moving long-distance, it shows they are most DEFINETLY not out for good)
All long distance charges are computed according to volume (cubic feet) and not by weight.
THey've got 26 compalints at the BBB, yet are still members.
Complaint Experience wrote:Some complainants allege the actual charges are higher than the quoted amount and the price difference is not disclosed until after the items are loaded onto the trucks. Customers also allege the company charges exhorbitant fees for packing materials, or applies additional fees they thought were included in the price of the move. Other complaints allege damages or missing items and difficulty settling claims. The company responds to complaints by explaining that customers are informed of the cost of packing materials in advance and that these fees are in addition to the estimated price for the move. The company responds to other complaints by offering discounts, issuing credits, stating that actual moving charges were less than the estimated amount or explaining customers must pay for packing materials used. To complaints regarding damages, the company responds by sending claims forms or indicating that customers do not return the claim forms.
This thread shows Eli Cohen as being involved with SouthWest Van Lines: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1610

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:13 am

Since you're near Los Angeles, I would suggest calling Delancey Street Movers-LA for a quote. They have a 2-hour, 2-man minimum and are fully licensed and insured. See this thread for reviews and contact information - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2377

Burned by Millenium-Ryoun

Postby Burned by Millenium-Ryoun » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:40 pm

onichan,
I hope it is not too late! DO NOT USE THEM!!!!! I am doing everything I can to protect consumers from them. We moved from Burbank to North Carolina, used them, and they were horrible!!! Sent my mother to the hospital....long story...will tell if you really want to know. I will send you a link from the LA BBB-Better Businees Bureau to validate my claims.
cut and paste into your browser window. Please do not use!
Have a good move otherwise and have aTommy's for me or Corner Cottage Burrito. http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13160086 :P

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:15 pm

I do not see your complaint listed there. What was the date of your move and the date of your complaint?

Diane

Re: ALERT - avoid Millennium Moving (Los Angeles)

Postby Diane » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:25 pm

Also, the owner of the company is now listed as Guda Azulay. I changed the topic title to an ALERT - avoid in view of its "D" rating and large number of BBB complaints. It sounds as if this company could be a candidate for the MovingScam Blacklist.

Ryoun

Re: ALERT - avoid Millennium Moving in CA (MC #412746)

Postby Ryoun » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:43 pm

Farrah,
If you are asking me that, no I have not posted a complaint as I am talking to an attorney.
Also, A Millenium Moving and Millenium are two different companies as well. I have been trying to get there USDOT #'s and they do not match. As you said Diane, Guda is the owner, Eli Cohen, I do not believe is associated with them. One is headquartered in Florida, the other LA. I will post a complaint though on Movingscam.com.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:50 pm

Oh I'm sorry. I just assumed that you had sent a complaint to the BBB since you posted the link! My fault - sorry!

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:53 pm

nyctraveleditor

Millennium Moving (Los Angeles): An Ugly Moving Experience

Postby nyctraveleditor » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:16 am

I'd rather hand-carry each individual item cross country myself than do business again with Millennium Moving & Storage (http://www.millenniummoving.com/, 800-841-7771,
8350 Isis Ave, Los Angeles, California.)

Here's a sampling of the horrible service I received from this company:

*Numerous items of my furniture arrived chipped, scratched, marred or broken.

*Other furniture items supposedly "safeguarded" by Millennium's "crack" work crew at origin with expensive, additional "protective" packaging also arrived chipped, scratched, marred or broken.

*A leather chair ended up cut after a work crew member used a knife to remove the blanket and tape covering the chair.

*UPS-grade boxes taped with UPS-grade tape on all edges arrived split, with contents spilling.

*Services provided at origin – such as the temporary removal of a room door to allow passage for a freezer – were summarily refused at destination.

*Millennium's contracted driver jumped curbs at my apartment complex, running over sod and breaking tree branches.

In essence: it was the ugliest of moving experiences. Forget Millennium.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:34 pm

Other furniture items supposedly "safeguarded" by Millennium's "crack" work crew at origin

Maybe they meant to say "crack-addled"? :wink:

Sorry this went badly for you. Did you try to submit and insurance claim?

Return to “Open Community”