Agent I hired switched local agents on me!!!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ufgrad98

Agent I hired switched local agents on me!!!

Postby ufgrad98 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:31 pm

I did my research for weeks before my move and went with a very reputable company---University Van lines/Atlas. My move is scheduled for Monday and I got a call today from an agent in another state saying that they were contracted by University Van Lines to do my move. It is another Atlas agent, but I specifically went with University Van Lines due to their reputation. I'm really mad right now. Does anyone know anything about Kaster in Connecticut? I'm really upset about this. Is there anything I can do now?

Nancy

Re: Agent I hired switched local agents on me!!!

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:34 pm

That is totally standard. They are both part of Atlas van lines, and all of your pricing was from Atlas. Kaster must be the agency hauling it.

Where are you moving to and from?

ufgrad98

Postby ufgrad98 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:59 pm

From Freehold, NJ to Charlotte, NC

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:08 pm

You mentioned something about storage in your prior posts. Are you still going to need that, or is Kaster going to take your things directly to your new residence?

I agree with Nancy--there is no cause for concern just because another Atlas agent will haul your goods. HOWEVER, once the move goes into the van line system like this, the local agent has virtually no control over it. In this case, for example, University was not allowed to choose the hauler (Atlas Van Lines did that). Please post after your move is complete to let us know what happens.

Return to “Open Community”