Sasha Transport - Chicago IL to Austin TX

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Chicago to Austin

Sasha Transport - Chicago IL to Austin TX

Postby Chicago to Austin » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:06 am

I wanted to post a quick reference for Sasha Transport. I did a small 1 bedroom apartment move from Chicago to Austin TX, and they were great! The service was friendly and efficient. I asked a MILLION questions, being a first-time mover, and they were always very happy to explain things to me in detail.

They also offered the best deal I found after LOTS of research. They included loading and unloading of the truck as well, which was a big help since I can't get a couch up a flight of stairs by myself! They wrapped large furniture in moving blankets and disassembled and reassembled other furniture.

Finally, I unpacked all of my boxes with baited breath, wondering if dishware and other breakables would be broken. I was especially nervous since it's not a van line - it goes on a truck. Nothing was broken, or even damaged in any respect. I was impressed.

In short, I was very nervous about my first move, especially after reviewing this website. Fortunately, I knew what to look for in a mover, and the research paid off. Sasha Transport did a great job and I reccommend them.

MusicMom

Re: Sasha Transport - Chicago IL to Austin TX

Postby MusicMom » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:29 am

What was the time frame for this move? I'm curious because they have only one truck, so they sent their only money-maker to Texas with you. Usually movers with one truck will hold the loads until they have enough to make a long-distance trek possible.

During your research, where did you look? They weren't BBB members until this month, and the report didn't exist until July, so it couldn't have been there. There's only one ad on the Web.

Did you note that they were claiming to be performing moves and advertising for themselves before they had a license (do a search here)? That didn't turn you off in the least?

LA GUEST

Re: Sasha Transport - Chicago IL to Austin TX

Postby LA GUEST » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:46 am

NEVER, NEVER HIRE SASHA TRANSPORT. Sasha Transport performed our move FROM CHICAGO TO LA and damages as much our belonings as posible. More over they don't want to take responsability. IF YOU BUYING AN INSURANCE DON'T SIGN BILL OF LADING.

Return to “Open Community”