Gar Hing Moving Inc. (Brooklyn, NY)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Mom2BofBabyG

Gar Hing Moving Inc. (Brooklyn, NY)

Postby Mom2BofBabyG » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:25 pm

Has anyone in New York heard of Gar Hing Moving Inc.? My brother and sster-in-law and using them for their upcoming move so my husband and I decided to check them out for ours. I haven't been able to find anything out about them and my phone estimate experience was a little strange. We have a small move from Astoria, NY (Queens) to Ossining, NY (Westchester) that only involves furniture (no cartons), but I'm still a little nervous. this is their website: http://garhingmoving.com/

I couldn't find anything about them (good or bad) on bbb.org.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks!

MusicMom

Re: Gar Hing Moving Inc. (Brooklyn, NY)

Postby MusicMom » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:08 pm

The website says they concentrate on moves up and down the northeast coast, but they do not have an interstate license. While that does not affect you, it shows a leel of false promises already. They have been around for a while, that is an old DOT number. But I guess this depends on how YOU feel about them.

justmoved888

Postby justmoved888 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:32 pm

I've used Gar Hing for a heavy move with adjustments as has my sister and friends of mine. They are the best movers I have used to date. The packing and moving crew was like a dream - they were quick, efficient, thorough and friendly. Nothing was too difficult ( I had many antique furniture) and they were extremely careful. I would totally use them again. Plus very reasonable prices!

justmoved888

Postby justmoved888 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:36 pm

just to add to my earlier post - I have big moves every few years (NY to London, NY to Tokyo, Tokyo to London, Boston to HK, NY to NY locally) so I have seen the gamut of movers from the decent to the horrible. I've had stuff get lost and disappear, packers that were obviously not doing their job etc. And Gar Hing is the best I've used to date. They also had great reviews from my sister and friends.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:35 pm

Great reviews or not, the fact remains that they cannot legally move anyone between states.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 pm

Gar-Hing has a good review/comment on this thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5857 Chances are that they are like a lot of Asian movers here in CA--they aren't operating completely legally but they do a good job, probably often employing undocumented workers (not always Asian). One such mover told someone moving from CA to Las Vegas that if his company scammed someone, the community would know how to take care of him "the Asian way." It didn't sound pretty but it did sound effective.

Return to “Open Community”