Any Reviews on Marlog Cargo?

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
pdxphil

Any Reviews on Marlog Cargo?

Postby pdxphil » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:44 am

Hi,

My wife and I are moving from the UK back to Portland, OR and I was hoping someone could comment on this company.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

MusicMom

Re: Any Reviews on Marlog Cargo?

Postby MusicMom » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:52 am

Marlog has been involved in moves with Sterling International before. I believe "HardAtWork" knows this company very well, let's see if he's back from vacation yet to comment. You can always sign up for membership and send him a Private Message to ask more.

Say hi to Portland for me, we loved it there!

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:36 am

Hi Phil

My first question concerning Marlog Cargo would why are you using a company in Los Angeles to move you from England to Portland?

If you sign up, membership is free, and send me a Private Message i would be happy to discuss Marlog with you.

LynneUK

Postby LynneUK » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:20 pm

I suppose everyone says that they really wished that they had known about this site before they moved..... anyway, I wanted to put in my two penny worth regarding Marlog Cargo. I moved some personal items and furniture to New Mexico from England last year. The company Smeeton Panton (affiliated with Britannia) came to get my things on April 1st (should have known better!) and were meant to repack everything and ship it to the US. I knew nothing about which company was going to handle my shipment once it arrived in the US, but I have subsequently found out that Marlog Cargo handled my goods. I did not have a full container's worth and so they took it out of the container and stacked everything I owned onto three palettes, and wrapped it with shrinkwrap. It arrived sometime in July, in CA and for some strange reason it too two months to get to Albuquerque. I had to call twice to ask where my shipment was. When it was finally delivered in September 04, I saw for myself how they had stacked everthing on top of each other. I had an 1820's french chair (three pieces) and each piece had stress cracks and one of the chair's leg was broken. There was a large forklift truck indentation on a very sturdy filing cabinet. They also lost an entire box of art books, some of which I had owned for 30 years and they lost a whole piece of marble which was the backsplash to a Victorian wash stand. I could go on and on and on! I have been 'fighting' with the company in England, but apparently because I underinsured my goods, they only want to pay me $5,000 (plus) when I insured it for $18,000. I feel as if I don't have a leg to stand on (like my chair). The company in England have told me that they only insured it as far as it was in their possesion (which is news to me), ... what would have happened if the ship had sunk? And that once it had arrived in CA I was on my own. I don't believe this. So, any thoughts on Marlog Cargo would be gratefully received. I don't think much of them as you can see.
Lynne

Return to “International Moves”