A-1 Fargo Review

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
coupland88

A-1 Fargo Review

Postby coupland88 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:14 pm

I wanted to report back on a WONDERFUL experience I had with A-1 Fargo from Miami to New York City.

I had a fairly small move (about 1500 lbs), and originally I was going to use a shipping company (shipsmart or boxbros), but in the end, I decided to investigate full service movers, just to compare.

A-1 Fargo was a wonderful experience from beginning to end, with NO problems. They were courteous, prompt, and honest. Ed Silverman was my direct contact, and he is an excellent person. Always answered my calls, always explained everything, always honest and direct.

I did wind up paying a lot of money (about $3000), but you really do get what you pay for. The movers arrived on time to pick up my stuff, on the day that I requested. In fact, they were supposed to arrive between 8 and 9. At 8:30, I received a call from the driver, who said he was stuck in traffic. Then he arrived 15 minutes later, at 8:45. He wasn't calling to say he'd be late; he just wanted to let me know his exact arrival time.

The driver and his two guys were extremely nice. Before they did anything, we discussed what would happen and reviewed all the paperwork. Then I signed everything once everything had been removed.

I was given about a two week spread for delivery, which was fine for me, since I was flexible. My goods arrived right in the middle of the spread, and I was given plenty of notice. The local Atlas agent on this end was Murphy, in Connecticut. Again, nothing but compliments.

I would definitely recommend A-1 Fargo (I used the Miami location, but I think they have a location in Pompano Beach as well).

Diane

Re: A-1 Fargo Review

Postby Diane » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:11 pm

Thanks so much for this report. I included a link to it in my summary post about FL movers with good reviews to date - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4243 (last post).

Celo

Re: A-1 Fargo Review

Postby Celo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:28 pm

I used A-1 Fargo twice and the experience was absolutely great both times.

The first time was in december 27, 2007; not a good time for moving in a place where people is on vacation mood during these dates. I moved from Puerto Rico to Miami. At the time my employer paid for the move and they also provided the company (A-1 Fargo). Because they don't have offices in Puerto Rico, A-1 Fargo sent a local company they partnered with to my home to evaluate the moving and prepared for the supplies they will need. They took care of everything (disassembling, packing, loading). They even moved my car (they shipped it in the same container with the rest of my belongings). Both in Puerto Rico and in Miami they were on time, they very respectful and they took very good care of my belongings. They were great and fast and they cleaned the place before leaving.

After such a great experience I contacted them again in 2010 when I moved from Miami to Orlando, FL. This time I was paying, and even though they are not cheap, I choose to stay with them (and honestly, I'm very happy I did, after reading so many negative experiences in this forum!)
A identify myself as a former client and they sent a representative to my home. This person estimated the cost by volume and weight and gave a quote before leaving (he came with a laptop and a printer).
The movers arrived on time, worked fast and took very good care of everything. They kept a very organized record of every box and items they loaded. The same crew made the deliver. They unloaded into a storage and they even helped me decide the smallest storage size I needed, given the volume. The crew was very friendly and professional.

I have nothing but great words for their work. Actually, I'm visiting this forum because I'm moving again (this time to Illinois) and I was looking for affordable companies with great reviews. But after reading the forum main post and some of the reviews, I think I will contact them again, will try to get the best price possible and not even look for different alternatives.

Return to “Open Community”