Suddath United Review (South FL)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
East Coast Mover

Suddath United Review (South FL)

Postby East Coast Mover » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my review of Suddath United of Deerfield Beach, Florida. I moved in late August from Deerfield Beach, Florida to Massachusetts after considering many, many South Florida moving companies.

Lets get right to it: Suddath United gets 2 big, big thumbs up! Here are the highlights:

* The in-house inspector, Steve, was very knowledgable, experienced and answered all my questions to my liking. His assistant, Vicki, was my point person after signing with Suddath. She kept me informed of everything before and during the move.

* Right before the movers arrived, a separate unit arrived to put my glass dining room table top into a crate. They came, crated and left...very efficient.

* The driver and two movers arrived on time. Despite the hot weather (August in South Florida), they were all pleasant and respectful. They finished loading in a reasonable time and the driver carefully went over the process going forward. He told me he would be the driver when my stuff arrived in MA and went over his itinerary with me, including all of his scheduled stops. We were able to approximate when he would arrive at my new place. The loading process went very smooth.

* Expecting the arrival of my belongings between Sept. 5th and 7th, I received a call stating they would be there the morning of Sept. 2nd, which they were. Even though I stated that my new place was on the third floor with no elevator, the driver arrived with only one other mover. No problem, however, as both of them moved everything up without incident. Overall, great job.

A few things to consider:

* I consider myself lucky in that I had a really great driver. His name was Dave from Texas and after this experience, I believe getting a good driver will increase your chances of having a good move.

* My understanding is Suddath has many offices around the country as local agents of United. This review is only for Suddath United of Deerfield Beach.

Again, great job all around. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Diane - please add me to your reviews of South Florida movers.

Thanks.

Diane

Re: Suddath United Review (South FL)

Postby Diane » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:37 pm

Thank YOU. I guess we were reading each other's minds, because I had just sent you a Private Message asking about the outcome of your move.

I know that you had a Binding Not to Exceed estimate from Suddath vs. A-1 Moving's Binding estimate. Did your weight actually come in higher or lower than the estimate? If lower, did you end up paying less?

I'll post a link to this review in my summary post on good FL movers at http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4243 (last post)

ukdesign

Postby ukdesign » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:23 pm

hi there

do you happen to have the number of suddath in deerfield, as were moving from pompano to NC, and need a good movers

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:52 pm

Suddath Boca
1900 SW 43rd Terrace
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
(954) 596-4000
(800) 999-5466
(954) 596-4005 Fax

http://www.suddathrelocation.com/contac ... rdale.html

ukdesign

Postby ukdesign » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:25 am

thankyou so much.. we were just about to book wings van line sbut after seeing the replies on that..no thanks!!!!

This site has been very very informative...

im calling suddath right now!!

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:31 am

Wings Van Lines (US DOT #: 1383352; MC #: 527264) has one truck. The Suddath companies have several hundred, United Van Lines has several thousand.

Return to “Open Community”