Rossiter Relocation Services (CA) scammed me out of $1200.

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
skinny

Rossiter Relocation Services (CA) scammed me out of $1200.

Postby skinny » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:50 pm

They were late, broke about half the stuff they moved (no exaggeration... seriously about 50%), then failed to tell the police they were coming, so the cops told them to leave. After dumping off my broken furniture (and not dropping off two boxes), they asked me to sign something as I was pleading with the police not to ticket their truck.

They said "soory, we'll pay for the damage." I should have read what they had me sign... It was a waiver. They will no longer accept my calls, and flat out lied to the BBB.

Run from Rossiter.

Diane

Re: Rossiter Relocation Services (CA) scammed me out of $120

Postby Diane » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:07 pm

If this is the United agent in the Bay area, as far as I know it has a very good reputation, although we have no reviews on this website. Please post further details about your experience.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:12 pm

Where was this move to and from? I can refer you to a couple places, but it depends on the nature of your move.

Plus, it is NOT the mover's responsibility to get parking permits from the police. That would be yours.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:12 pm

skinny wrote:They were late, broke about half the stuff they moved (no exaggeration... seriously about 50%)

Just wondering what sort of stuff they broke (fragile items? furniture?) Was this stuff you packed or they packed?

Return to “Report A Scam”